Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Hi there,

I submitted a police history check for the U.S. a couple of weeks ago, including fingerprints and application form. I was shocked because on their website they stated that the application may take at least 12 weeks to proceed! Which is madness in comparison to the other countries I am applying the same certificate which is proceeded in an average of 10 working days!
Since this is the last bits of information I need to collect prior to creating an EE profile I am wondering if anyone has any experience with applying for the Police History Check (also called the Identity History Summary), and can advice me as to how long it might take for them to proceed given there is no criminal record, etc. ??

I'm also a bit concerned about the way I completed the form and whether I did some mistakes. I found the application form pretty confusing and not particularly self-explanatory and I also was not able to find much instruction about how to fill in the form on their website. I was able to find some instruction (from unknown source) via Google, of course, after I had completed the form the way I guessed it should be completed, and I think I did a few small errors such as... where they ask for eye and hair color, height, etc. I'd write the entire word "brown" instead of just the three first letters BRO, black instead of BLA. I stated the height in cm rather than in inches etc.
Should I be concerned that the police record will take even longer now, or that they might even decline in??

Also, if anyone has any experience as to exactly WHEN the Canadian government need the police certificates after receiving an ITA, this would be helpful information as to when it would be safe for me to create an EE profile.

Thank You.

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
You need to upload all the PCCs when you accept the ITA and file your application.
If I am not wrong. All PCCs (except Canada have to be uploaded) before your application is considered complete.

Yes, It takes long to get FBI PCC (I did one in 2014 and one in 15) both took around 2 months.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
gatorengineer said:
You need to upload all the PCCs when you accept the ITA and file your application.
If I am not wrong. All PCCs (except Canada have to be uploaded) before your application is considered complete.

Yes, It takes long to get FBI PCC (I did one in 2014 and one in 15) both took around 2 months.
That's good info about the two months. That means that they at least might be quicker than their quoted 3 months...
I think I am wise with waiting out the EE profile for at least a little while then.
Thanks a lot

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC is aware that FBI PCCs take longer than the 60 days you are given to submit your eAPR (because it is recommended that you do not apply for your PCC for your current country of residence until you receive ITA), so they will allow you extra time to submit the PCC.
In this instance, you submit your eAPR with the receipt for your PCC, and a LOE stating that you've applied for the PCC and will submit it ASAP.

If USA is not your current country of residence, then you can apply for your PCC pre-ITA.

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
istari said:
CIC is aware that FBI PCCs take longer than the 60 days you are given to submit your eAPR (because it is recommended that you do not apply for your PCC for your current country of residence until you receive ITA), so they will allow you extra time to submit the PCC.
In this instance, you submit your eAPR with the receipt for your PCC, and a LOE stating that you've applied for the PCC and will submit it ASAP.

If USA is not your current country of residence, then you can apply for your PCC pre-ITA.
+1 to this.

What i meant by uploading all PCC was that either 1) you upload all PCCs or 2) Upload all available PCC, a LOE and proof for US PCC. CIC is aware of the long process time and will ask you to submit US PC before marking the application as incomplete
Also , remember to send multiple copies of fingerprint cards (or better yet multiple applications) for US PCC incase you are unlucky enough to get your prints rejected.
I was lucky enough that my prints were not rejected (they were old prints from 2013 :p done at a US station).

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
mira_johnson said:
That's good info about the two months. That means that they at least might be quicker than their quoted 3 months...
I think I am wise with waiting out the EE profile for at least a little while then.
Thanks a lot
I would say put your profile in.
You get 60 days to apply after ITA.
You will have your US PCC by then, if not do what we said in posts above or reject the ITA and wait for a new one.
No harm in rejecting an ITA, might as well save you some time if your US PCC goes through smoothly

lianleya

Feb 24, 2016
As other members said, you don`t need the FBI Clearance while on pre-ITA stage. (if you reside in the US, I suppose) You are required to have Police Certificate after you got selected and accept the ITA. However, CIC know about 12 weeks situation with FBI, so they let you upload it after AOR. In my case, I send the fingerprints to FBI right on the date of ITA. 2 month later and I still was waiting for PCC from FBI. So I`ve uploaded my other PCC and LOE where I described my best efforts to obtain the FBI PCC. I attached pictures of my fingerprints and a form I`ve submitted to FBI, the receipt from UPS and email from UPS confirming that the package was delivered to FBI. That`s all CIC needs to start processing your application after AOR. At some point after AOR they will ask for PCC and give you about a month to upload it.

Do not reject ITA, you`ll waste your time.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Thanks for all of your information.
Actually, I am not currently residing in the USA. Also, the police certificate is for my common law partner (that I will be sponsoring if I am successful), does this somehow change my situation? I thankfully did not need a police certificate from the U.S., but I guess his is equally important in this aspect.

It's news to me that CIC would provide additional time for the FBI police report. I would rather aim for receiving more time from them than declining an ITA, because although CIC mentions that it will not affect my chance of being invited again, I'm somehow having hard to believe this... why would they pick the same person twice, particularly in a row, when there are thousands of more applicants in the pool with the same and more points than me? Do they pick participants by random? Anyway, that is why I am protective with creating my profile before I have my documentations under control.

As a comparison; I applied for my police record from Australia two days ago, and was provided with a confirmation that it is completed and sent to me by post today. It took them 3 days.. Shame on you FBI.. :(

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mira_johnson said:
Thanks for all of your information.
Actually, I am not currently residing in the USA. Also, the police certificate is for my common law partner (that I will be sponsoring if I am successful), does this somehow change my situation? I thankfully did not need a police certificate from the U.S., but I guess his is equally important in this aspect.

It's news to me that CIC would provide additional time for the FBI police report. I would rather aim for receiving more time from them than declining an ITA, because although CIC mentions that it will not affect my chance of being invited again, I'm somehow having hard to believe this... why would they pick the same person twice, particularly in a row, when there are thousands of more applicants in the pool with the same and more points than me? Do they pick participants by random? Anyway, that is why I am protective with creating my profile before I have my documentations under control.

As a comparison; I applied for my police record from Australia two days ago, and was provided with a confirmation that it is completed and sent to me by post today. It took them 3 days.. Shame on you FBI.. :(
They don't "pick" participants. When there is a draw, the CRS cutoff for that draw is announced, and everyone with that CRS or higher is given an ITA.
It doesn't matter if you've already received a million ITAs, if your CRS is above the cutoff, you will receive ITA.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
istari said:
They don't "pick" participants. When there is a draw, the CRS cutoff for that draw is announced, and everyone with that CRS or higher is given an ITA.
It doesn't matter if you've already received a million ITAs, if your CRS is above the cutoff, you will receive ITA.
Really!? Can I ask how do you know this information is true?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Because that's how the system works...

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
By the way,

does anyone have any experience with when the FBI withdraws the payment for the application? Nothing has been withdrawn from my account yet, but when tracking down my post I can see that they should have received my application 20th of September

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mira_johnson said:
Really!? Can I ask how do you know this information is true?

The last draw:

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on September 21, 2016 and ending on September 22, 2016 is 1,288.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on September 21, 2016 at 12:05:41 UTC, have been assigned a total of 483 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
kryt0n said:
Because that's how the system works...
Do you have any link to this information?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mira_johnson said:
Do you have any link to this information?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

Anyone with points above the cutoff get's an invite.

So if they say 490 points, ANY applicant with 490 points or above is sent an ITA.