+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearence Australia

rkswathi

Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who got ITAs for today’s draw. Good luck to everyone who are waiting in theirs.

I have a question about Australia police clearence certificate.

Little background about me, did my masters from a Univ in Australia and now in US working. Back in 2009 I have started the PR process but did not went through it but I have started the process again now. I got the police clearnce certificates from all the countries I stayed in including Australia at that time(in 2009). I never went back to Australia after that. I was just wondering if I need new police certificates from Australia again even though I did not go back? Or will the certificate from 2009 work? I read in few of the posts here that it will work if you never went back to that country after taking the certificate. Please let me know if that’s true. Or else I will start the process of getting a new certificate.
Thank You all for the help.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
That is not very accurate. The rule is:
The police certificate will work if it was issued after you left the country and you never went back to that country after taking the certificate.
It is not clear from the question when you had the certificate issued and when you left Australia.
Anyway, if the certificate is issued while you were in Australia, you will need a new one regardless. If it is issued after you left Australia and you never went back, you can use it.
Good Luck!

rkswathi

Jan 10, 2018
That is not very accurate. The rule is:
The police certificate will work if it was issued after you left the country and you never went back to that country after taking the certificate.
It is not clear from the question when you had the certificate issued and when you left Australia.
Anyway, if the certificate is issued while you were in Australia, you will need a new one regardless. If it is issued after you left Australia and you never went back, you can use it.
Good Luck!
Thabk you for the reply.
Yes, the police clearance certificate is taken after I left australia and I never went back to Australia after taking it. So I can use it? Just making sure.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Thabk you for the reply.
Yes, the police clearance certificate is taken after I left australia and I never went back to Australia after taking it. So I can use it? Just making sure.
Well, according to IRCC's instructions, yes you can use it.
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
and there is no specific rule on how old could the police certificate be as long as it is issued after you last lived in that country or territory. Good Luck!

EDIT:
BTW, make sure to include a
  • Traffic History (if you were a resident of Queensland), and/or
  • Full Licence History Search (if you were a residents of Victoria)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thabk you for the reply.
Australia issues different kinds of PCCs, if you have the wrong one it will be rejected. There may be additional requirements depending on which state you lived in. Read the instructions carefully -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html

"IMPORTANT: When filling out the Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form, enter Code Number 35in section 8 (Purpose of NPC)."

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
I would apply for a new one. Oz PCC is quite easy to get, specially if you still have connections in Australia who can send it to you. Why risk it? It's entirely up to you of course. Just my two cents

Saranyavasi

Feb 17, 2021
Hi All,

I did my Masters in Melbourne, Australia for 2 years and later stayed there for work for the next two years (2014-1018). I currently live in Singapore and i am awaiting for my ITA, as i believe my application will be picked up in the next PNP draw. However, could you please help on my following queries on Australia police verification

i) Can be apply for Australia police verification prior receiving ITA?
ii) Do we need to submit our fingerprints as well? . As per the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html ,they have not mentioned any info on the fingerprints. But just want to check if any of you guys sumbitted your fingerprints for verification.

Please help. Thanks much for your assitance.