+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance

moe17

Oct 27, 2022
Hi, I am currently living in Canada since 2022 July with a work permit. When I applied for a work permit from my Country I got and added a Police Clearance with the application back in March 2022.

I will be applying for PR so do I need to get a PC from Canada and From my country as well? Or can I use the one I had gotten previously?

Thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I am currently living in Canada since 2022 July with a work permit. When I applied for a work permit from my Country I got and added a Police Clearance with the application back in March 2022.

I will be applying for PR so do I need to get a PC from Canada and From my country as well? Or can I use the one I had gotten previously?

Thanks
Most of the time PCC have the validity of 6 months. You can submit this one and see, sometimes it gets through without any hurdle, somerimes you are requested for a new one, depends upon officer looking at your file. I would suggest to get a new one before start as when you get request you only have 60 days to submit docs and due to backlog do not get it. Some will say you can do with this one but just give it a 1 percent chance if you are asked for a new one rest is your wish.

Reactions: moe17

moe17

Oct 27, 2022
Most of the time PCC have the validity of 6 months. You can submit this one and see, sometimes it gets through without any hurdle, somerimes you are requested for a new one, depends upon officer looking at your file. I would suggest to get a new one before start as when you get request you only have 60 days to submit docs and due to backlog do not get it. Some will say you can do with this one but just give it a 1 percent chance if you are asked for a new one rest is your wish.
Do I have to get one from Canada as well?

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Yes. Atleast I submitted one with my application so as to get rid of any ADR or delay.
Do I have to get one from Canada as well?
I just consult with an immigration lawyer about the validity of an Indian PCC and he said-
(I agree that there is lots of confusing information regarding the expiry of PCCs. I have always taken the position that if your PCC was issued more than 6 months ago and you return to that country (even for 1 day), that this invalidates the PCC. The reason I take this position is because I have had consultations with people over the years who have had their applications refused because of this.)

moe17

Oct 27, 2022
I just consult with an immigration lawyer about the validity of an Indian PCC and he said-
(I agree that there is lots of confusing information regarding the expiry of PCCs. I have always taken the position that if your PCC was issued more than 6 months ago and you return to that country (even for 1 day), that this invalidates the PCC. The reason I take this position is because I have had consultations with people over the years who have had their applications refused because of this.)
I haven't returned to the country yet, so does that mean my PCC is still valid?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I haven't returned to the country yet, so does that mean my PCC is still valid?
The validity is usually for 6 months until and unless mentioned on PCC.
Also depends upon officer taking care of the file, seen cases where they acknowledge older than 6 months and sometimes an ADR for a new one.