+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance - working holiday visa to Canada

J S Bach Jr

May 6, 2013
Hi all,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I've been asked to provide police clearance for stage 2 processing of my working holiday visa to Canada.

Even though it specifies that I have to submit the original, I assumed it was the scanned copy of the original that I have to upload (surely). They then requested my traffic history report, which I uploaded as well.

They have now come back again, requesting for the same documents. I'm not sure if I have to mail it to them and if so, they haven't really provided me with a mailing address. This is probably my final stage because I've already done my medicals.

It would help if they tell me what exactly they want me to provide. I've again uploaded my Federal Name Check & and Traffic History together hoping that is what they wanted from me.

Surely, they should make it clear what exactly they want. I also emailed Canadian Immigration but got no response. :(

Has anyone experienced this? Also, how did you all provide the police certificates - did you all upload the scanned origianl copy to MYCIC?

Thanks heaps in advance for helping me out.

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Hey Mate, How are you ?

Sorry I am not the right person to answer you question however I will be very keen to understand the process involved in the WHV from Melbourne. I am in melbourne too and looking into applying for a working holiday visa.

What was the first stage and why will they need your driving history record ? Can I please ask your current profession and also if it matters for the WHV ?

Many Thanks
Rob

J S Bach Jr

May 6, 2013
Hey Rob,

I'm good mate. It's pretty straight forward to apply. I'm a molecular biologist, but I don't think it matters for Working Holiday Visa

This link is a good place to start: whpcanada.org.au

If you are in VIC or QLD, you need to also provide a valid Traffic History Report. You can get it online from VIC Roads website for $16.00. Essentially they want to see your driving record.

Also, you would have to apply for Federal police clearance as well.

Good luck with your visa!

Cheers

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Originals need to be sent in for Police Certs and Driving Records

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
How do you send in originals when they do not provide you with a mailing address and specifically have an upload field in MYCIC for Police Clearances?

I am from Perth and have now been waiting over 4 months for my visa. they requested my AFP check which i emailed to them via the question email address as MYCIC was broken for over a month and did not have an upload button for the AFP check.

All emails I have sent them asking for an update have been ignored. I have included all relevant details and had my latest AFP check attached as well.

I am curious to see if other Australians are having such a hard time with this new system of if it is just me.

sidd_asif

Sep 16, 2014
just bumping this to check what the answer to this is....do we need to mail the originals and if so where to?