+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance - requisition letter from Canada embassy

adihrra

Apr 4, 2015
Hi Everyone,
So can someone please summarize the steps you need to follow to get a PCC from the Indian authorities in Singapore?

Here is what I could make out from the discussions:

1. You can't get a PCC beforehand. This is because you can't obtain a requisition letter from CIC.
2. When you get your ITA, you need to upload a letter of explaination when asked for the PCC.
3. You need to wait for CIC to send you the requisition letter and once you get that, you apply for the PCC. (Hoping this does not take time since you have only 90 days to submit your documents after you receive your ITA.)

Is this correct? Can someone verify it?

Really appreciated!

Regards,
Sudeep
Hi Sudeep,

So how did you managed the PCC from Indian High commisson?

nila21

Oct 23, 2017
did anyone try going to BLS to acquire PCC with just the ITA? If yes did they accept? I am planning to go. But after looking at this forum I am confused whether i should submit application without PCC. but i fear of being rejected.
I got my India PCC from BLS Singapore - you need the ITA, filled in application form and go to BLS in person. Also bring your Passport and EP/DP/PR original and photocopy.

Reactions: taurus22

svenkat89

Dec 25, 2019
Hi ,

I am going to get my PCC and my wife PCC from BLS Singapore.

Background: My wife has got the Invite

We have the Passport, EP/DP, photocopy,marriage certificate, filled application form

Question:The invite only shows her name but for me invite shows only the points related . Will BLS accept my pcc request with just ITA or i need separate letter from CIC for this?

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi ,

I am going to get my PCC and my wife PCC from BLS Singapore.

Background: My wife has got the Invite

We have the Passport, EP/DP, photocopy,marriage certificate, filled application form

Question:The invite only shows her name but for me invite shows only the points related . Will BLS accept my pcc request with just ITA or i need separate letter from CIC for this?
Hi Venkat,

You carry the print out of document check list which shows your name and list of documents needed, they will accept it. Ensure that address, names of parents/spouse in the application form are exactly same as that in the passport, else you would have to redo the application while at the centre.

We submitted our PCC request with BLS today and had to fill the forms 3 times due to minor differences in the details. If possible, carry your laptop with you as it would be easier to make new application on the spot, if required.

svenkat89

Dec 25, 2019
Hi Venkat,

You carry the print out of document check list which shows your name and list of documents needed, they will accept it. Ensure that address, names of parents/spouse in the application form are exactly same as that in the passport, else you would have to redo the application while at the centre.

We submitted our PCC request with BLS today and had to fill the forms 3 times due to minor differences in the details. If possible, carry your laptop with you as it would be easier to make new application on the spot, if required.

Hi Dreddy,

Thank you very much on the details, but did they accept the ITA and marraige certificate for spouse PCC or they requested any other documents?

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, ITA is good enough. Even though I carried our marriage certificate, they didn't ask for it.

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi Dreddy,

Have you got the proof of funds letter from SG bank ? And what was the format you used to get the same?
No, I haven't got it yet. Still waiting on the PCC, which looks like a bottleneck. Will go for it once I receive PCC. We bank with DBS, not sure how flexible they would be giving in the format we need. Worst case will try get stamping done on the past 6 months statements.