+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Report for PR Application

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
My mother's PR application is in process since 2008 . She finally got a letter to send Police Report from different countries she visited to Delhi Consulate office. 2-3 years ago, we made the police records from all the countries she visited. Can I send those reports to them or need to make new ones since the reports are 2-3 years old. They have given us 30 days to send the reports and it is impossible to make new ones within 30 days cause it took almost 3-4 months make those reports; specially the ones from the USA and Canada took a lot longer. Please advise.

Thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjpandey said:
My mother's PR application is in process since 2008 . She finally got a letter to send Police Report from different countries she visited to Delhi Consulate office. 2-3 years ago, we made the police records from all the countries she visited. Can I send those reports to them or need to make new ones since the reports are 2-3 years old. They have given us 30 days to send the reports and it is impossible to make new ones within 30 days cause it took almost 3-4 months make those reports; specially the ones from the USA and Canada took a lot longer. Please advise.

Thanks.
Police certificates need to be received by CIC within 3 months of being issued. I would send them a case specific enquiry with copies of the older ones you have so they have them for their reference and ask for an extension to get them the updated ones. They routinely grant the extensions.

ETA - unless directed otherwise by the VO, you typically need PC's for countries she's lived in for 6 months or more since turning 18. Not every country she's visited.

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
Thank you ohCanada for your quick response. According to the instruction regarding police clearance certificate explained in

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

It says that "The certificate must be issued no more than three months BEFORE you apply." We applied for her PR application in February 2008 and made those police reports were made in 2012 which is well after we applied. If so, then police certificates should still be valid ...right ?? Please clarify. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjpandey said:
Thank you ohCanada for your quick response. According to the instruction regarding police clearance certificate explained in

It says that "The certificate must be issued no more than three months BEFORE you apply." We applied for her PR application in February 2008 and made those police reports were made in 2012 which is well after we applied. If so, then police certificates should still be valid ...right ?? Please clarify. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
check your inbox pls

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjpandey said:

I'm familiar with that. The context for that is that principal applicant (your parents) would normally include the PCs with the application when they submit it to the VO.

If you take a look at "Guide 3998 - Sponsorship of parents, grandparents, adopted children and other relatives" indicates both

Code:
How long do I have to complete the application an submit it?

When your sponsor receives positive results from his sponsorship assessment from the Case processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), you have one year to complete the forms and gather all the required documents. The ideal is to send them as soon as possible to the appropriate visa office.
and

Code:
The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sjpandey said:
specially the ones from the USA and Canada took a lot longer.
Unless specifically requested, an applicant does not need to obtain a Canadian police report.