+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance question !!

Gurinder8055

Jul 20, 2015
Hi everyone my brother lived in new Zealand and studied. Him and his employer had argument over an accusation his employer made there was a court case which was dismissed later my brother won the case he is canada under process of permanent residency they have asked for new Zealand police clearance he applied for one im just wondering if anything would come up on the pcc or any cautions we should take ? The case was dismissed and in favour of my brother not sure if it would create problem for him

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi everyone my brother lived in new Zealand and studied. Him and his employer had argument over an accusation his employer made there was a court case which was dismissed later my brother won the case he is canada under process of permanent residency they have asked for new Zealand police clearance he applied for one im just wondering if anything would come up on the pcc or any cautions we should take ? The case was dismissed and in favour of my brother not sure if it would create problem for him
The "court case" sounds like it was a civil matter, not a criminal charge. In that case, it would not show up on a PCC, win or lose.

If he was charged with a crime and was acquitted in criminal court, he will have no record of conviction (at least not for that occasion).

My uncertainty in the matter stems from your words about an "argument over an accusation his employer made". An "accusation" usually imports some criminal connotation. For example, the employer accused him of stealing company funds or other assets. Civil claims are usually couched in language such as the employer "alleged".... For example, a civil case might flow from the employer's allegation that the employee breached his employment contract by wrongfully soliciting the employers customers, or was negligent in causing damage to the employer's equipment, or some such. The employer can commence a civil suit and the matter can proceed to trial and, if the claim is unproven, it will be dismissed. That's quite a different thing from an acquittal on a criminal charge. So, in the case you mention, it's not altogether clear if we are talking about a criminal or civil matter, but I suspect the latter.

Reactions: June1311