03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi all

Does anyone have experience of using lawyers to obtain police clearance quickly from Qatar. My situation is that I have submitted required docs at Qatar consulate in Dubai and they said it will take 3 months, however verbally one of the officer in documents section mentioned that it is possible to appoint someone (say lawyer) to follow up from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar?

Appreciate help

regards

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
adey786 said:
Hi all

Does anyone have experience of using lawyers to obtain police clearance quickly from Qatar. My situation is that I have submitted required docs at Qatar consulate in Dubai and they said it will take 3 months, however verbally one of the officer in documents section mentioned that it is possible to appoint someone (say lawyer) to follow up from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar?

Appreciate help

regards
Anyone can guide?

By the way, I approached many elite law firms in Qatar and most of them said that they dont deal with it. However, one such elite law firm have referred me to a PRO firm in Qatar. The PRO firm is trying to find out from Ministry of Interior if it is possible....

On the same note, what happens to my application as I don't have police clearance. Does it mean that they will not start background check until and unless police clearance is received, or it works parallel where they just review the rest of the file and complete background checks...

Regards

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Adey786,

I can understand your situation as I have already faced such issues with regard to PCC, however I am not a lawyer.

PM me and I will try to help you.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
FWSAPPLICANT said:
Adey786,

I can understand your situation as I have already faced such issues with regard to PCC, however I am not a lawyer.

PM me and I will try to help you.
Thanks mate. Message sent.

regards

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Hey,

I am in the same situation as you. I am in Ottawa, and I want a Police Clearance from Qatar, so I went to the embassy here recently, and applied for it, they said it will take 6 months, at least. Unbelievable!!

Now I received my ITA yesterday, and I am trying other routes because I only have 60 days. I recently contacted a firm in Qatar called "FutureGate", and those guys were highly recommended for this kind of situations. But the guy there replied to me that there are (changes in the legislation of the Ministry in Qatar, any person outside Qatar requesting for a Qatar PCC must do this manually by himself.)

I emailed one other company yesterday, and their response was a bit different, but still, they said that no one can help me from there, because my Residence Permit is expired. What they suggested was this:

The CID is no longer locally issuing Qatari Police clearance certificate for assignees whom RP expired and will require to go thru below process to retrieve it.

They require to draft a letter in English and courier the same from their current location to the CID department in Qatar. (It is important that they mentions their exact address and PO Box so the CID can courier back the issued PCC accordingly).

The letter should be signed by the assignee and state the below;

- Their exact departure date from Qatar
- Their assignment duration of stay in Qatar
- Their Full name, QID and passport number
- Their current country address they will send the documents from, so they can receive the issued Qatari PCC from the CID. – it is important they mention the PO Box in the letter to receive the PCC back

They should attach as well a clear Passport copy (biographic page), a scan copy of the exit stamp on the passport, their RP and QID copy.

The charges are 110 QR ( 50 QR for the original PCC issuance and 60 QR as courier charges), you can put the amount in the envelope,

Please find below the CID courier address;

Criminal Evidence & Information Department
Ministry of Interior
PO Box 23004
Doha – State of Qatar

The process will take 15 – 20 Working days as informed by the CID officer.

I am trying to wrap this up today so I send the courier today if I can. I suggest you do the same. Goodluck.

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
MhamadK said:
Hey,

I am in the same situation as you. I am in Ottawa, and I want a Police Clearance from Qatar, so I went to the embassy here recently, and applied for it, they said it will take 6 months, at least. Unbelievable!!

Now I received my ITA yesterday, and I am trying other routes because I only have 60 days. I recently contacted a firm in Qatar called "FutureGate", and those guys were highly recommended for this kind of situations. But the guy there replied to me that there are (changes in the legislation of the Ministry in Qatar, any person outside Qatar requesting for a Qatar PCC must do this manually by himself.)

I emailed one other company yesterday, and their response was a bit different, but still, they said that no one can help me from there, because my Residence Permit is expired. What they suggested was this:

The CID is no longer locally issuing Qatari Police clearance certificate for assignees whom RP expired and will require to go thru below process to retrieve it.

They require to draft a letter in English and courier the same from their current location to the CID department in Qatar. (It is important that they mentions their exact address and PO Box so the CID can courier back the issued PCC accordingly).

The letter should be signed by the assignee and state the below;

- Their exact departure date from Qatar
- Their assignment duration of stay in Qatar
- Their Full name, QID and passport number
- Their current country address they will send the documents from, so they can receive the issued Qatari PCC from the CID. – it is important they mention the PO Box in the letter to receive the PCC back

They should attach as well a clear Passport copy (biographic page), a scan copy of the exit stamp on the passport, their RP and QID copy.

The charges are 110 QR ( 50 QR for the original PCC issuance and 60 QR as courier charges), you can put the amount in the envelope,

Please find below the CID courier address;

Criminal Evidence & Information Department
Ministry of Interior
PO Box 23004
Doha – State of Qatar

The process will take 15 – 20 Working days as informed by the CID officer.

I am trying to wrap this up today so I send the courier today if I can. I suggest you do the same. Goodluck.

I have the same issue, received ITA in December, got my PCC from UAE but still haven't figured out a way to get from Qatar.
I do have an old PCC which i took few days before i left Qatar.
I approached a company called IDOCS Canada and they say that it would take up to 6 months.
Keep us informed on the procedure you follow.

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Viky said:
I approached a company called IDOCS Canada and they say that it would take up to 6 months.
Well if you're waiting 6 months anyway, why not go through the embassy? Are you in Ottawa?

I have submitted to the embassy, but it never hurts to try to send the courier if it is only 20 days. The worst case is that I will get 2 PCC.

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
MhamadK said:
Well if you're waiting 6 months anyway, why not go through the embassy? Are you in Ottawa?

I have submitted to the embassy, but it never hurts to try to send the courier if it is only 20 days. The worst case is that I will get 2 PCC.
I'm based in Edmonton.
The procedure states that I need to do my finger prints, get it notarized, authenticate the fingerprint form with the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa then submit my application to the Embassy of Qatar in Ottawa.
Is this the same procedure you are following?

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Viky said:
I'm based in Edmonton.
The procedure states that I need to do my finger prints, get it notarized, authenticate the fingerprint form with the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa then submit my application to the Embassy of Qatar in Ottawa.
Is this the same procedure you are following?
This is exactly what I did. I went to the police to get the fingerprints, but they said that they dont do those things, they referred me to www.commissionaires.ca I found one of their offices here in Ottawa, and they did the fingerprints, $55 if I recall. Then you have to notarize them, and authenticate them from the Foreign Affairs, And submit them to the embassy. You also need a letter addressed to the Ambassador.

Here is a scan of the paper they gave me at the embassy of what they want: http://i.imgur.com/kB4oNA3.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
MhamadK said:
This is exactly what I did. I went to the police to get the fingerprints, but they said that they dont do those things, they referred me to www.commissionaires.ca I found one of their offices here in Ottawa, and they did the fingerprints, $55 if I recall. Then you have to notarize them, and authenticate them from the Foreign Affairs, And submit them to the embassy. You also need a letter addressed to the Ambassador.

Here is a scan of the paper they gave me at the embassy of what they want: http://i.imgur.com/kB4oNA3.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you, I will got to commissionaires to get my finger prints done.
Did you mail your fingerprint for authentication from Foreign Affairs?

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Viky said:
Thank you, I will got to commissionaires to get my finger prints done.
Did you mail your fingerprint for authentication from Foreign Affairs?
I went there myself, because I live in Ottawa. I think that you will have to send them by mail.

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
MhamadK said:
I went there myself, because I live in Ottawa. I think that you will have to send them by mail.
Ok, will get in touch with you if I need any further clarification.

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
Viky said:
Ok, will get in touch with you if I need any further clarification.
Did you send your documents couriered to Qatar?
I have sent my finger prints to Ministry of Foreign Affairs for getting legalized.
Is it advisable to submit the Express Entry application with an explanation letter (regarding the delay in obtaining PCC), i can include my old PCC that was taken one week before i left Qatar?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Viky said:
Did you send your documents couriered to Qatar?
I have sent my finger prints to Ministry of Foreign Affairs for getting legalized.
Is it advisable to submit the Express Entry application with an explanation letter (regarding the delay in obtaining PCC), i can include my old PCC that was taken one week before i left Qatar?
Your PCC obtained a week before your last stay in a particular country is absolutely fine and you can submit it.
Even I have obtained a PCC from a gulf country a week before my last stay in that country and I am going to use it in my application.

Viky

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2007
sushsmart15 said:
Your PCC obtained a week before your last stay in a particular country is absolutely fine and you can submit it.
Even I have obtained a PCC from a gulf country a week before my last stay in that country and I am going to use it in my application.
That's what I was thinking but as per CIC "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must have been issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months" & The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row.