+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Process

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
All,

I would like to apply for a PR in the month of August 2018. However i have been hearing that once we submit the PR application, IRCC would reply back asking for the Police Clearance process to be done, which would take around 1 month to get it done. I would like to apply for a Police verification in the Month of July 2018 so that i can submit the Police Clearance details to IRCC while applying for the PR.

Can anyone let me know if this is possible to get the police Clearance details even before applying for the PR, or do we have to apply for the police clearance only after submitting the PR application?

Thanks

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
it is good to include it with application, if your application takes longer to process they may ask to send latest as well. so its really up to you. mostly applicants send it with their application from all the places where they have lived for at least 6 months.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Does anyone know how to obtain a Police Clearance certificate from Canada if you reside outside of Canada? My partner and I submitted an application for PR under the family sponsorship program. We are awaiting news from the Visa Office at this point. However my partner is about to go away to a remote worksite for his job for 2 months. We were wondering if anyone knows how to obtain fingerprints in a foreign country (my partner lives in Chile) for the PCC from the RCMP?

We don't have a request yet, but I am pretty sure he will be asked for one as he lived in Canada for a period of 1 year. We looked at one of the accredited companies which digitalize paper fingerprints and they have forms which need to be signed by the person taking the fingerprints. The problem is that my partner doesn't know where to go to get the fingerprints done (he said the police there don't do that kind of thing). If anyone has prior experience obtaining fingerprints on paper from a foreign country to obtain a PCC from Canada, please share your experience. We would appreciate your help so much!!

Thanks in Advance

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
majesty said:
Does anyone know how to obtain a Police Clearance certificate from Canada if you reside outside of Canada? My partner and I submitted an application for PR under the family sponsorship program. We are awaiting news from the Visa Office at this point. However my partner is about to go away to a remote worksite for his job for 2 months. We were wondering if anyone knows how to obtain fingerprints in a foreign country (my partner lives in Chile) for the PCC from the RCMP?

We don't have a request yet, but I am pretty sure he will be asked for one as he lived in Canada for a period of 1 year. We looked at one of the accredited companies which digitalize paper fingerprints and they have forms which need to be signed by the person taking the fingerprints. The problem is that my partner doesn't know where to go to get the fingerprints done (he said the police there don't do that kind of thing). If anyone has prior experience obtaining fingerprints on paper from a foreign country to obtain a PCC from Canada, please share your experience. We would appreciate your help so much!!

Thanks in Advance
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majesty said:

Thanks in Advance
Typically, the PCC from Canada is not required:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

Special notes and considerations

Fingerprints must be submitted electronically to CCRTIS. Paper submissions will not be processed and will be returned to the originator.

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I know this isn't my topic but I wanted to ask something. I am a little confused on the instructions now that I've looked at this thread. I do not understand what it means about sending them electronically to CCRTIS? is that just for the OP because their partner lives in Chile? Because for the USA it says to send fingerprints to the FBI at (forgot the address) through the mail and then the fbi will send you the results and then you mail them to cic or whatever.