+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance (PNP vs NBI)

homewood

Jan 17, 2019
I submitted a police clearance that came from PNP (Philippine National Police). I just saw in CIC website that it must come from NBI (National Bureau of Investigation). Will my application get rejected? Hopefully they will just request additional documents? Appreciate your advice.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I submitted a police clearance that came from PNP (Philippine National Police). I just saw in CIC website that it must come from NBI (National Bureau of Investigation). Will my application get rejected? Hopefully they will just request additional documents? Appreciate your advice.
They usually reject outright when it comes to an inaccurate/incomplete police certificate.

Get your NBI clearance ASAP and try to send it via webform before they start the completeness check and hope for the best.

Worst case, you have to reapply.

homewood

Jan 17, 2019
They usually reject outright when it comes to an inaccurate/incomplete police certificate.

Get your NBI clearance ASAP and try to send it via webform before they start the completeness check and hope for the best.

Worst case, you have to reapply.
Thank you for your advice bellaluna. That's what I did yesterday - got my NBI renewal which will be released after a week. I'll submit it via webform. Thanks again!

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Thank you for your advice bellaluna. That's what I did yesterday - got my NBI renewal which will be released after a week. I'll submit it via webform. Thanks again!
Hi, this exact same thing happened to my first application. Didn’t you get MEP/BIL yet?

homewood

Jan 17, 2019
Hi, this exact same thing happened to my first application. Didn’t you get MEP/BIL yet?
Hi! No MEP/BIL just yet. May take a week based on the status in myimmitracker... what happened to yours? Was it accepted as is or did they request for additional doc?

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi! No MEP/BIL just yet. May take a week based on the status in myimmitracker... what happened to yours? Was it accepted as is or did they request for additional doc?
My first application was cancelled as incomplete due to the fact that my PCC was incorrectly obtained from PNP instead of the NBI, hence I never reached the MEP/BIL stage. I didn’t know that it should be from the NBI cuz I overlooked that information and I was only made aware after I received the email from CIC. It might help to send it via webform prior to completeness check and I really hope they reconsider.