+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance of spouse still pending

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
Dear all,

I sent my spouse's Passport for renewal (as its near to expiry) along with change of address, now her passport is taking longer than expected. I am afraid once the renewed passport arrives I will not have sufficient time to get her police clearance before the deadline. So in case if i couldn't get her police clearance on time can i submit an LOE and mention that the PCC is still pending and once i receive it will send it straight away.

Pls help guys. will it be any problem ?

James

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Dear all,

I sent my spouse's Passport for renewal (as its near to expiry) along with change of address, now her passport is taking longer than expected. I am afraid once the renewed passport arrives I will not have sufficient time to get her police clearance before the deadline. So in case if i couldn't get her police clearance on time can i submit an LOE and mention that the PCC is still pending and once i receive it will send it straight away.

Pls help guys. will it be any problem ?

James
Hi James,

Just a personal opinion, if you can get the police clearance using another ID, get it, attach it with the LOE and explain the situation. They might later ask you to re-upload it with the new passport number printed on it.

You can always explain the situation in LOE, however, things like police clearance are sensitive so try to get it. If you couldn't, try to at least apply with the new passport once it arrives, then get some sort of receipt from the police officer that you applied for a PCC.

Reactions: James Mcguire

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
Hi James,

Just a personal opinion, if you can get the police clearance using another ID, get it, attach it with the LOE and explain the situation. They might later ask you to re-upload it with the new passport number printed on it.

You can always explain the situation in LOE, however, things like police clearance are sensitive so try to get it. If you couldn't, try to at least apply with the new passport once it arrives, then get some sort of receipt from the police officer that you applied for a PCC.
Hi Vorador,

thanks a lot for the reply. Unfortunately I cant apply with any other ID as in my country you need a passport with 6 months validity to receive a police clearance certificate. Her current passport is will be expiring in 1 month's time so i cant use that either. So I have the same plan as you mentioned, as soon as i receive her renewed passport I will apply for the police clearance certificate and attach the 'submission receipt' and explain it in LOE. I really hope it wont cause any issue.

Reactions: vorador

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi Vorador,

thanks a lot for the reply. Unfortunately I cant apply with any other ID as in my country you need a passport with 6 months validity to receive a police clearance certificate. Her current passport is will be expiring in 1 month's time so i cant use that either. So I have the same plan as you mentioned, as soon as i receive her renewed passport I will apply for the police clearance certificate and attach the 'submission receipt' and explain it in LOE. I really hope it wont cause any issue.
It won't dont worry, they will just ask you to submit it as an additional document later.

Reactions: James Mcguire

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
It won't dont worry, they will just ask you to submit it as an additional document later.
In the meantime I can do her medical with the existing passport, and then once she receives the renewed passport I will apply for her police clearance. In the LOE i will explain that due to causing delay i did her medical using the existing one and then after receiving the renewed one I have applied for her police clearance. Any suggestions ?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
In the meantime I can do her medical with the existing passport, and then once she receives the renewed passport I will apply for her police clearance. In the LOE i will explain that due to causing delay i did her medical using the existing one and then after receiving the renewed one I have applied for her police clearance. Any suggestions ?
Well, it depends on the panel physician. Where I live, the medical test is a couple of hours thing. I have heard that in some countries you need an appointment and the queue is scary. So if you can do the medical as late as possible it will be better.

Anyway, you do not have to worry about such details, just explain everything in the LOE.