+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance not sufficient. Please help.

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
I received an email from CIC saying:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in canada.

The police cert from the Philippines you have submitted is not sufficient to demonstrate that you have not been convicted of any crime or offence. In order for us to continue processing your application, we require the following:

- Further explanation from the national bureau of investigation as to any record they may have of you.
- Court documents pertaining to any case that involves you.
- if necessary, your own written explanation about the above.

This must be received at this office by 12/16/2013

----------
I received this email the same time I receive my RPRF and Biodata Request today and prior to this I received MR request last 10/12/2013 so I have booked for medical next week 10/23/2013.

My query is, what sort of documents should I submit since I already gave them a National bureau of investigation clearance with my application? If I request another Clearance then it will just be the same as the one I sent before. If anyone here had the same experience I would really appreciate your help and advise on this matter. Thank you :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meo_02 said:
I received an email from CIC saying:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in canada.

The police cert from the Philippines you have submitted is not sufficient to demonstrate that you have not been convicted of any crime or offence. In order for us to continue processing your application, we require the following:

- Further explanation from the national bureau of investigation as to any record they may have of you.
- Court documents pertaining to any case that involves you.
- if necessary, your own written explanation about the above.

This must be received at this office by 12/16/2013

----------
I received this email the same time I receive my RPRF and Biodata Request today and prior to this I received MR request last 10/12/2013 so I have booked for medical next week 10/23/2013.

My query is, what sort of documents should I submit since I already gave them a National bureau of investigation clearance with my application? If I request another Clearance then it will just be the same as the one I sent before. If anyone here had the same experience I would really appreciate your help and advise on this matter. Thank you :)
Does the existing certificate show something up?

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
The police clearance says

To whom it may concern:

This is to certify that the person whose name, picture and thumb prints appear hereon has requested a record clearance from this office and the result is/are listed below:
NO DEROGATORY RECORD

Signed by the secretary of justice of the Philippines.

--------

Guys any inputs would be helpful. Thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meo_02 said:
The police clearance says

To whom it may concern:

This is to certify that the person whose name, picture and thumb prints appear hereon has requested a record clearance from this office and the result is/are listed below:
NO DEROGATORY RECORD

Signed by the secretary of justice of the Philippines.

--------

Guys any inputs would be helpful. Thanks

Did you get the correct check done for immigration or a general one?

In the UK there are different kinds. Only once is accepted for immigration.

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
It does say on the form under PURPOSE - IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENT.

I don't know what to do now. If I request another clearance it would have the same data as my previous one.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
meo_02 said:

I don't know what to do now. If I request another clearance it would have the same data as my previous one.

Did you look on the CIC website again to compare you followed instructions for your country?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meo_02 said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/philippines.asp

Did you follow these instructions?

If so, I'd e-mail CIC back and ask for clarification. Explain to them you followed the process, it was for immigration purposes and it states that you have no record. Ask specifically what they want you to provide?

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
This is my reply to CIC:

Dear Sir/Madam;

Good morning. This is in response to the e-mail I received about my National Bureau of Investigation Clearance from the Philippines which I submitted with my application under CEC. When I applied for this police clearance, I followed the steps on the CIC website. It was issued 11/29/2012 for Immigration Requirement Purpose that states:

To whom it may concern:
This is to certify that the person whose name, picture and thumb prints appear hereon has requested a RECORD CLEARANCE from this office and the result(s) is/are listed below:
NO DEROGATORY RECORD.

I attached a copy of the said clearance for your reference. My question is do I still have to secure a new and the same police clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation?

Hoping for your kind response.
-------------------------------------------------------

Sent on oct 16 but no reply from CIC up to this time.

I phoned the National bureau of investigation and they told me same thing, I am clean, no crime associated with my name, as what the remarks say NO DEROGATORY RECORD. And truthfully, I have not been involve in anything bad.

Please guys I need your opinion. What should I do?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
when u applied for ur police certificate, did they fingerprint you?

IF they did not, then you have applied for a wrong certificate.

Get the certificate from NBI.

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
I went to the philippine consulate in Vancouver, did my fingerprinting with RCMP and sent the complete application to NBI manila and after a month I received my NBI clearance stating NO DEROGATORY RECORD.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
If I may make a suggestion...

MY PCC is similar to this, as the Ministry of Interior is the centralized authority for law enforcement in the country and conducts all checks, regardless of purpose.

If it was me that received this, I would have done the following:

- Went to local/district COURT notary public (records section) and asked for a confirmation letter that no records exist *had family do it if not there
- When getting certified translation, ensuring that the wording used is conducive to CIC jargon (i.e. in mine: no arrests or convictions)
- Are there other levels at which checks could be completed? (federal, state or local)

I would do these or at least check if possible, before replying to CIC with a not possible. This is the first time I've seen this, so not quite sure if I'm helping.

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
As with the national bureau of investigation I already asked them to send me a further explanation and for the court documents, I already asked my mom to request a clearance from the local circuit court in my area.

Thank you CEC2013.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
meo_02 said:
As with the national bureau of investigation I already asked them to send me a further explanation and for the court documents, I already asked my mom to request a clearance from the local circuit court in my area.
Thank you CEC2013.
Right on! Hope it works... If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.

meo_02

Mar 6, 2013
CEC2013 said:
Right on! Hope it works... If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.
Hi

My problem was finally solved. I asked my mom to go to the city police station to request a clearance and also she went to the regional court for clearance as supporting documents. And finally I just renewed my National Bureau of Investigation clearance. I sent an email to CPP with all 3 clearances and asked them that if they need the original copies I can send them too but I got an email that I don't have to.

And the next day came, I got an email from CPP requesting for my passport PPR.

I am very happy and thankful.

Special thanks to you CEC2013.