+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance - Moving to Canada Before PR Approval

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
I am currently living in Singapore and decided to apply for Canada PR in January 2017. At that time I did not know the CRS threshold would decrease so much so I started job hunting to increase my CRS. Eventually I got three job offers and picked one of them. To get me on board ASAP, my future employer decided to apply for a work visa, which would take only a few weeks instead of the six months for PR applications.

Meanwhile the CRS threshold kept declining and I received the ITA on 19 April. I submitted my e-APR and received the AOR on 26 June. I used the ITA to apply for a Singaporean police clearance and the application was approved. An appointment has been scheduled for my fingerprints on 6 July. (Officially I should need a document sent by the CIC after they have done my medical for the Singaporean PCC but somehow the Singaporean Police Force accepted my ITA.)

But now my future Canadian employer has told me the LMIA/work visa process has been completed and I will start with my new job on 15 July. So immediately I booked a ticket to Canada on 15 July. This means my last day of residence in Singapore will be 14 July, which is also the last day of employment with my current employer in Singapore.

My concern is that my Singaporean PCC might be considered invalid by the CIC if it is issued before 14 July, since by the time when I get the document requesting a Singaporean PCC I will be no longer a resident of Singapore, and it seems that the rule that the PCC must be issued after the last visit to the country in question would apply.

Any ideas or suggestions?

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
I am currently living in Singapore and decided to apply for Canada PR in January 2017. At that time I did not know the CRS threshold would decrease so much so I started job hunting to increase my CRS. Eventually I got three job offers and picked one of them. To get me on board ASAP, my future employer decided to apply for a work visa, which would take only a few weeks instead of the six months for PR applications.

Meanwhile the CRS threshold kept declining and I received the ITA on 19 April. I submitted my e-APR and received the AOR on 26 June. I used the ITA to apply for a Singaporean police clearance and the application was approved. An appointment has been scheduled for my fingerprints on 6 July. (Officially I should need a document sent by the CIC for the Singaporean PCC but somehow the Singaporean Police Force accepted my ITA.)

But now my future Canadian employer has told me the LMIA/work visa process has been completed and I will start with my new job on 15 July. So immediately I booked a ticket to Canada on 15 July. This means my last day of residence in Singapore will be 14 July.

My concern is that my Singaporean PCC might be considered invalid by the CIC if it is issued before 14 July, since by the time when I get the document requesting a Singaporean PCC I will be no longer a resident of Singapore, and it seems that the rule that the PCC must be issued after the last visit to the country in question would apply.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Hi,
Would you be able to submit your application before your travel date?
if you could make it before 14th.then you are safe.

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hi,
Would you be able to submit your application before your travel date?
if you could make it before 14th.then you are safe.
As stated in the orignal post, I already submitted the PR application on 26 June.

The problem is that the order of e-APR and PCC is reversed for Singapore. Normally you first get the PCC and then submit the e-APR. But for some countries such as Singapore and the Netherlands, you are supposed to a) first submit the e-APR, b) receive a document from the CIC requesting the PCC, c) apply for the PCC with the document, and d) finally send it to the CIC. By the time when I receive the document from the CIC (step b), I will no longer be in Singapore.