+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Letter from Saudi Arabia

aitezazm

Feb 1, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Canadian Immigration from Saudi Arabia and after receiving the ITA back in November 2016, I submitted all my documents a few weeks back. Now the next stage, which I am waiting for, is the letter from the IRCC requesting police certificates from Saudi Arabia for me and my spouse.

The Problem is that in Saudi Arabia, Police Certificates are issued using the information on the local Resident Cards, normally know as the "Muqeem Card" or previously known as the "Iqama".

The information on these cards are usually not consistent with the details on Passport especially due to the fact that information is translated from Arabic to English and they usually do spelling mistakes in the English names and also because Saudi Arabia uses a convention of {First Name + Father’s Full Name}. In Passport's this is not the case and therefore names as per these Cards differ from the Passports leading to different names on the Police Certificates.

Further, me and my spouse date of births have also been changed on these cards by the authorities here and now my actual date of birth which is as per my Passport and Birth Certificate does not match with the information on the Resident Card.

I have tried a lot going back and forth with the authorities but they just gave me a cold answer that they will not be changing it. It is really frustrating and is the norm with the Saudi authorities.

I wanted to know if anyone else who applied from Saudi Arabia faced this issue and if so what was the response from the IRCC and what documents were shared to convince the IRCC that the information as per Passport is the correct one and that the Police Certificate shared actually belongs to the person.

Even after reaching this stage I do not want my application to be rejected because of stupid mistake on the part of the local authorities who also refuse to cooperate to correct their mistakes.

Looking forward to some suggestions on this.

:mad: :mad: :(

max_ray

Aug 17, 2016
Police certificate is issued based on details of your passport..Iqama details doesnt matter at all..You can directly goto canadian embassy and ask for PCC request letter.that letter will be in arabic.. Fill in details in arabic and Get that letter attested by mofa..Then u can directly goto police station with that letter, photo and passport..

aitezazm

Feb 1, 2017
Thanks for your response but I checked with a colleague of mine who also submitted his Police Certificate a week ago and he confirmed that the details from the Iqama are entered manually on the Certificate by the Police Officers and then they take the fingerprints on that piece of paper itself. So the passport does not come into use at all during this process.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
aitezazm said:
Thanks for your response but I checked with a colleague of mine who also submitted his Police Certificate a week ago and he confirmed that the details from the Iqama are entered manually on the Certificate by the Police Officers and then they take the fingerprints on that piece of paper itself. So the passport does not come into use at all during this process.
Your best bet will be to write a proper loe

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
aitezazm said:
I don't think that's true at all. Your Saudi Police Certificate will contain your Date of Birth in Hijri. On your iqama, the DOB will be mentioned in Gregorian. So how can they enter the details manually from your iqama? Also you can check online if your fingerprints are updated in the Saudi system. If they are, there won't be any need for fingerprints to be taken by the police officers.

On the DOB issue, it is advisable to involve your company to get the details on your iqama corrected. If you were to try that yourself by going to the authorities, you will not be entertained. Ask your company HR department to get the iqama fixed. They will send their government representative.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
aitezazm said:
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Canadian Immigration from Saudi Arabia and after receiving the ITA back in November 2016, I submitted all my documents a few weeks back. Now the next stage, which I am waiting for, is the letter from the IRCC requesting police certificates from Saudi Arabia for me and my spouse.

The Problem is that in Saudi Arabia, Police Certificates are issued using the information on the local Resident Cards, normally know as the "Muqeem Card" or previously known as the "Iqama".

The information on these cards are usually not consistent with the details on Passport especially due to the fact that information is translated from Arabic to English and they usually do spelling mistakes in the English names and also because Saudi Arabia uses a convention of {First Name + Father’s Full Name}. In Passport's this is not the case and therefore names as per these Cards differ from the Passports leading to different names on the Police Certificates.

Further, me and my spouse date of births have also been changed on these cards by the authorities here and now my actual date of birth which is as per my Passport and Birth Certificate does not match with the information on the Resident Card.

I have tried a lot going back and forth with the authorities but they just gave me a cold answer that they will not be changing it. It is really frustrating and is the norm with the Saudi authorities.

I wanted to know if anyone else who applied from Saudi Arabia faced this issue and if so what was the response from the IRCC and what documents were shared to convince the IRCC that the information as per Passport is the correct one and that the Police Certificate shared actually belongs to the person.

Even after reaching this stage I do not want my application to be rejected because of stupid mistake on the part of the local authorities who also refuse to cooperate to correct their mistakes.

Looking forward to some suggestions on this.

:mad: :mad: :(
Can you please share the process ?

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi there

Have you received any details in this regard? Is desperate need of help.
yes, you can whats app me +966535019096