+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance from USA

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Any body know how to get police clearance from USA. I lived there for two years. I need police certificate for my PR application.
Any help, information will be really appreciated .thanks.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
omolola said:
Any body know how to get police clearance from USA. I lived there for two years. I need police certificate for my PR application.
Any help, information will be really appreciated .thanks.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
wicaact said:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
thanks for you reply, already did my finger print, on Canada form paper. will they accept it or I have to print out their own form paper.
thanks

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
There is an office in Vancouver where they do it electronically. You will have your FBI certificate ready same day. I got mine after 2hrs.

It costs $150. There is one more office that does this in Canada and its on the east coast. Call them up and ask, here are the details.

Global Fingerprinting Services Canada Ltd.
gfscltd@gmail.com

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
omolola said:
thanks for you reply, already did my finger print, on Canada form paper. will they accept it or I have to print out their own form paper.
thanks
It has to be FBI finger print form mentioned in the page I gave you.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
MissJustice said:
There is an office in Vancouver where they do it electronically. You will have your FBI certificate ready same day. I got mine after 2hrs.

It costs $150. There is one more office that does this in Canada and its on the east coast. Call them up and ask, here are the details.

gfscltd@gmail.com
CIC only accepts electronic FBI reports if you are US citizen or US permanent resident according to this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
Hmm the guy who runs the office used to work the immigration. I will go and see him tomorrow and ask, I really doubt this is the case. He seems like an honest guy and knows requirements of the CIC on top his head.

I will also go home and compare the one I received by hard copy a year ago and the one just now electronically in Canada, as they look identical to me, but I will check.

I am only applying for Young Professionals permit, I gave it to them this morning and will let you know if its not accepted.

I also read somewhere today that apparently all Police Checks are valid if we havent left Canada at all. I need to research this myself, that would be too good to be truth. I always thought that it has to be issues within the last 6 months, regardless of our whereabouts.

Thanks guys!

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Thanks all. I am not a USA citizen. I only lived their for two year while doing my masters. Really confused i need it for my paper application for PR

Alex0508

Jan 24, 2017
Just a forms at FBI webpage. You can do your ink finger prints at any police department in Canada. Its free option. Also you should fill two more form. credit card payment form and your address information. They'll take 18$ US. I've been waiting for my certificate about 3 months.

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Alex0508 said:
Just a forms at FBI webpage. You can do your ink finger prints at any police department in Canada. Its free option. Also you should fill two more form. credit card payment form and your address information. They'll take 18$ US. I've been waiting for my certificate about 3 months.
thanks I don't have to print their printing form, I can use the one the giving to me by police department in Canada.
thanks

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
MissJustice said:

gfscltd@gmail.com

thanks for you help, yeah they helped me. I just have to mail my finger print to them and they said its acceptable for Pr application just more costly is $150
thanks

provost

Feb 14, 2017
omolola said:
thanks for you help, yeah they helped me. I just have to mail my finger print to them and they said its acceptable for Pr application just more costly is $150
thanks
I also need a US police clearance certificate for my paper application but i am an outland applicant. is this same process suitable for me? any advice pls

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
provost said:
I also need a US police clearance certificate for my paper application but i am an outland applicant. is this same process suitable for me? any advice pls

I think you need to download the form from FBI website, because they asked for a copy of my permit in Canada. I want to use them so that I don't have to wait for months. if you do it yourself is just $18

provost

Feb 14, 2017
omolola said:
I think you need to download the form from FBI website, because they asked for a copy of my permit in Canada. I want to use them so that I don't have to wait for months. if you do it yourself is just $18
Thanks Omolola

I found the forms on FBI website but someone said to me that i have to print them on a white A4 card and not just white paper. Dont know what that means but i'm just gonna go ahead and print on both papers since they don't mind multiple copies. My application is already at cic and i hope to get this done before it is requested for.