22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
DEEPCUR said:
I understand that CIC meets processing times by rejecting without chance to correct the documentation mistakes. But they could at least take the processing fees and give a chance to revisit the mistake. Hope they take that approach in future!
I agree! I paid all the fees up front, so it would make more sense for them to keep it and give me a chance to submit the correct document!

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
mgnlky said:
That's what I'm getting from this too. It's so frustrating! Like, just tell me to get a new one! It will literally take a week, max! lol
To my understanding, PCC straight from FBI takes about 3-4 months. I applied in March, received by end of July.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Specterz said:
To my understanding, PCC straight from FBI takes about 3-4 months. I applied in March, received by end of July.
I'm a US Citizen so I don't have to go directly through the FBI. The local approved channeler takes about a week according to others who have used them recently.

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
It is really frustrating. The following is copied from the CIC website
"For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only: you may apply to an FBI-approved channeler (a third party that helps deliver your information to the FBI). They will collect your application form, fingerprints, any fee(s), and give them to the FBI.

Once the FBI completes their background check, they will send the results to the channeler. The channeler will then give you your record check letter.

Please include the FBI letter with your application, and send us the complete package."

It does mention that you need to send the FBI letter and a "complete package". I am not sure what this means, but can you think of anything else that makes up this "Complete package"?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
immigrationfun said:
It is really frustrating. The following is copied from the CIC website
"For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only: you may apply to an FBI-approved channeler (a third party that helps deliver your information to the FBI). They will collect your application form, fingerprints, any fee(s), and give them to the FBI.

Once the FBI completes their background check, they will send the results to the channeler. The channeler will then give you your record check letter.

Please include the FBI letter with your application, and send us the complete package."

It does mention that you need to send the FBI letter and a "complete package". I am not sure what this means, but can you think of anything else that makes up this "Complete package"?
I went today for my fingerprints to be done by a local fbi.fieldprint.com at 10:30. Before I even got back to my car 3 minutes later, I had the results (form 1-787) in my email inbox waiting for me. It's a single page signed by the Section Chief of the FBI's Biometric Services Section, so I'm not sure what Canada wants by a complete package either.

It's just hella frustrating because, had they given me the chance to fix the issue, they wouldn't have had to go through the process of refunding my application/PR fees just for me to have to repay them later. It's not a very efficient process for the CIC.

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know.. I was going to tell you earlier that it doesn't take a week through a channeler, it only takes a few minutes haha.

Anyway, I'm glad you got the right one now. You can try raising a CSE petitioning them to re-open your old application, and simultaneously create a new EE profile in the hopes of getting an ITA soon.

Best of luck!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
msf02 said:
I know.. I was going to tell you earlier that it doesn't take a week through a channeler, it only takes a few minutes haha.

Anyway, I'm glad you got the right one now. You can try raising a CSE petitioning them to re-open your old application, and simultaneously create a new EE profile in the hopes of getting an ITA soon.

Best of luck!
haha. The guy that worked there told me I'd have them by Tuesday, so I was hopeful to get it this week. It was a nice surprise to say the least.

I submitted a CSE & included the correct document to ask them to, but I created a new profile the night I got the rejection notice for the original app. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply for a CSE?

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll more than likely hear back within a week to 10 days. Keep us posted here..

Good luck!