+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance from India

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hi,
I need to get my police clearance certificates. Since I belong to India does it have to come from the local police station where I used to live in India? Or do we have to goto Indian embassy in US and ask for police clearance certificates?

Your response will be appreciated.

Regards,

AP

atos

Aug 1, 2007
hi
go to Indian embassy in USA and they will give you a form. It takes few weeks to get.

rav_234

Jan 24, 2006
Hi,

this is regarding your question for Police clearance from India.

Just wanted to let you know that if ur currently residing in the usa,

then you can go to your nearest

1.Go Indian Embassy and go to the Miscellaneous Section.

2.U have to fill up an application form ( u can download it and fill it up and take it with you)
3. U have to paste ur photographs.
4.They charge around $45 per application
5.Take your original passports.
6.Also take photo copy of the CIC leterr you got

Once you submit the above, the indian embassy will send you the letter and your passports with in 7 -8 working days.

This is what i did with the Indian Embassy at DC and i just got my letter and passports with in 7 days from the day i submitted in person.

Hope this is of help to you.

Goodluck.

Rav

Rohitkapoor

Apr 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Had a query. I am from Dehradun and have been living in Bangalore for the past 7 years. For my express entry, where do I get my police clearance from? Dehradun, Bangalore or both? My passport has permanent address as Dehradun

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Rohitkapoor said:
Hi Everyone,

Had a query. I am from Dehradun and have been living in Bangalore for the past 7 years. For my express entry, where do I get my police clearance from? Dehradun, Bangalore or both? My passport has permanent address as Dehradun
I have been told that it's best to get it from the Passport Seva Kendra if you've lived in more than one city. It's faster and less hassle. See this link for more information: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Rohitkapoor said:
Hi Everyone,

Since you have been living in Bangalore for 7 years, it'd be better to apply for PCC from there only. The PCC rule is that if one has been living to a particular address for 1 or more year/s, then application should be done for that address.

All you need to do is to apply for PCC to local PSK at Bangalore. You only need one PCC from there. No need to get it from local police station. IN fact, PCC from PSK is better option, since it is being given regardless of address.