+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance from FBI

Amati

Nov 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have previously studied in the USA and last time I left the country was in 2013. Now I have requested a police clearance from the FBI (it takes four months to get a reply from them). But, in December I am planning a short trip to the US for a couple of weeks. Does it mean i will have to re-apply for the police clearance again?

On CIC website, it says the following:

You need a police certificate from a country or territory if you:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory. - But does this also apply for short-term visits?

Would very much appreciate your response.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hi everyone,

I have previously studied in the USA and last time I left the country was in 2013. Now I have requested a police clearance from the FBI (it takes four months to get a reply from them). But, in December I am planning a short trip to the US for a couple of weeks. Does it mean i will have to re-apply for the police clearance again?

On CIC website, it says the following:

You need a police certificate from a country or territory if you:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory. - But does this also apply for short-term visits?

Would very much appreciate your response.

1. If you get the FBI PCC before you go in December or while you are in the US, you definitely need to reapply.

2. If you get your FBI PCC after you come back. That is a bit of a grey area since technically the PCC might have been processed and issues only after you left US. Keep in mind in the 4 months that it takes to issue the PCC, it just takes a few days to process and perform and criminality checks. Majority of that time your package just sits there with FBI.

Reactions: Amati

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
I am a seafarer from india i usually join ships from many countries where we stay for hardly 2-3 days , do i still need pcc for all those countries And i have us visa c1d but never been to us

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I am a seafarer from india i usually join ships from many countries where we stay for hardly 2-3 days , do i still need pcc for all those countries And i have us visa c1d but never been to us
You will have to provide extensive travel history (all shortest trips inclusive), if any country total stay counts up to 6 months only then you need to provide the PCC for that country.
For example you went to UK for
5 days then 2 days then 3 day and so on.. if the total count as of the time you are submitting your application is less than 180 days, you do not need the PCC.

PFB the quote from CIC
Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
That means in ee profile i need to detail my travel history no pcc required as my stay is not more than 3 days in any country after adding up

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
That means in ee profile i need to detail my travel history no pcc required as my stay is not more than 3 days in any country after adding up
Correct

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Note that it is not about the length of each stay. You should count the total number of days you stayed in each country and you need a police certificate if it adds up to 180+ days. For example, if you visit a country for 60 times and each stay is 3 days, the total would be 180 days and you will need a police certificate from that country. Good Luck!