+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance for India

monica_5

Mar 28, 2007
Hi,

I am planning to get Police Clearance (for India) from Chicago consulate in US. My question is - when teh consulate eventually provides the requested PCC, do they also stamp the passport? What does the stamp/note say? Does it specify that it's for Canadian immigration? My US GC is also in process. Therefore, does this stamp/note in passport effect the US GC process in anyway?

Thanks,
Monica

pracky

May 30, 2007
Hi, I am from India and I had my PCC from London. Yes, apart from PCC letter your passport will be stamped saying that you are cleared to go to canada.

Prakash

j_s_n_k

May 31, 2007
How many day it take to get police clerance certificate. Also, please I wish to know what is the procedure to get it.

Thanks...........j

jimberan

Mar 23, 2007
I have a friend from India who also asked me that question the other day about the police clearance. Any information on the matter would be very much appreciated.

pracky

May 30, 2007
Hi Every body.

If you apply personally to the nearest indian embassy:

there are two sinario.
If your records are held by them (that means you got your passport renewed with them) then you will get your PCC with in week.

secondly, If your records not held by them then they need to get your information from the place where your passport has been previously issued. In this case it may take anything between 4 to 12 weeks.

(Note: If you apply wherever your passport has been previously issued then your work will be done quickly)

I had my passport renewed from Birmingham, UK. I Applied personally at Birmignal counsolate and got it back in a week.

Hope you have your information.

Prakash

pracky

May 30, 2007
Procedure to apply PCC for india.

You can go to Indian counsolate website in your country and look for PCC application form. They need completed application form, two photos, and your passport and some fees.

cheers
Prakash

pathan786

Aug 11, 2006
monica_5 said:
Hi,

I am planning to get Police Clearance (for India) from Chicago consulate in US. My question is - when teh consulate eventually provides the requested PCC, do they also stamp the passport? What does the stamp/note say? Does it specify that it's for Canadian immigration? My US GC is also in process. Therefore, does this stamp/note in passport effect the US GC process in anyway?

Thanks,
Monica
Hi Monica,
From one of your other threads on this topic it seems like you applied for PCC atleast on or before April first week. Have you got the PCC yet? Also do you have any information on how much time they are taking these days ?

It looks like they wait for 45-50 days for response from RPO (Regional passport office) in India that issued your passport. During your correspondence with consulate did you came across any workaround to speed up the process ? Could a personal visit to consulate help ?

thanks
PK

rav_234

Jan 24, 2006
Hi All,

Let me clear the air regarding the Police clearance from India.

If any one is in the us and wish to get the PC Letter for canadian PR purpose.......

follow this:

1.Go to the nearest Indian Embassy.
2.Fill up the Miscellaneous Application form ( U can down load if from the embassy website)
3.Please take cash if u are going in person to the embassy to submit your application.
4.If u wish the embassy to send you the passport by Overnight post, pay an extra $15 ( i'm not sure)
5.Original Passports
6.CIC Letter copy.

Once you submit the above, you will & should get your passports and the PC letter with in 8 working days from the date you submit your applications.

I went in person to the Indian embassy,DC and i got my PC letter with in 7 days with no problems.

You got to just bear with the employees and their attitude and the facilities inside the miscellaneous services section of the embassy.......

Hope this is of information.

goodluck

Rav

Angel Y

Dec 4, 2009
Hi,

I too am planning to get the PCC for India from Chicago embassy. Anybody already gone through the Chicago embassy? What's the procedure and normally, how long did it take to get the PCC. Pls note that my passport has not been renewed here, so roughly how long am I looking at?
Apart from photographs, what else would I need. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Angel