+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance for Citizenship

ArmK

Jun 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
So my eligibility period is between 6 June 2013 and 6 June 2018. As part of the process, it states that I require police clearance for any place I have lived in during that time for more than 183 days. I lived and worked in the UAE until 2015 and I do have a police clearance from the UAE which I had to get during the PR application process (June 2014). My question is, do I need to get another clearance? Or is this old police clearance certificate sufficient? I left UAE in Mar 2015 for my landing and have not lived anywhere else since then. Any advise on this? Anyone else went through the same thing?

Thanks

osghar

Dec 11, 2014
Hi All, I'm in the same situation as ArmK. I'm wondering if I can use the same police certificate I used when applying for PR. In my case I lived in Japan for several years before moving to Canada in 2015, so is clear to me that I need to provide the certificate. After my landing I haven't resided in any other country, so I though I could use the same document, but what worried me is that even though this police certificate doesn't have an expiration date it was issued in 2014.
After some thinking I decided to do my diligence and acquire a new one, but after checking I find out that the Japanese consulate requires a reference letter from the relevant authority that is requesting the criminal record check in order to start my application.
So I don't know what to do now, either to give an explanation why I can't provide a certificate and eventually get my application delayed waiting for the reference letter and the process of the police clearance that may take up to 2 months or send the old one.
Any thoughts?

Thank you.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi guys,
I am about to submit my Express Entry profile, and I am gathering all the supporting documents necessary. I got the Identity History Statement from the FBI and herein lies my question:

In October 2016, I was arrested in Los Angeles and charged with a DUI, and my court date was set for Jan 2017. My attorney convinced the District Attorney to drop my case and I never had to appear in court and all charges were dropped. (My Breathe Alcohol count was below the limit, I had not hit any person or property, I just got pulled over for driving with tinted windows).

Anyway, this arrest record shows up in the FBI document, and I am wondering if it will create any issues for me during my Canadian PR process. I have an official letter from the LA County stating that the court will not press any further charges (clean chit).

Please advise.

Aug 15, 2018
INDONESIA
Dear all,

I am a permanent resident of Canada, will be applying for the Citizenship, I need Police Clearance certificate, currently, I have lived in a country for 183 days, before leaving the Country where I am doing job, I will take the Police Clearance Certificate and then leave for Canada. As an example, after taking PCC, if I stay 2/3 weeks more in the Country where I am doing the job and then go for Canada, and then after 3 years when I want to apply for Citizenship, can I use that Police Clearance Certificate with my Citizenship application?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Anyway, this arrest record shows up in the FBI document, and I am wondering if it will create any issues for me during my Canadian PR process. I have an official letter from the LA County stating that the court will not press any further charges (clean chit).
Please advise.
Just provide an explanation (same thing that you printed above) using loe.