sumeshpunakkal

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I have created my EE profile and have collected PCC from India.
I have stayed in China(Guangzhou) for a duration of 7 months (but it was not continuous, I had 40 days gap between 2 travels)
I found from the forum that there is chance for CIC to ask PCC for China.
If there is anyone has any idea about this, please help me.
I read from some forums that it's not possible to get PCC for F-Type visas in china (in my case).
I don't have any contacts in China and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Sumesh

Deekap

Jun 28, 2017
Hello!
I just came across your post regarding pcc from china. Actually, we are stuck in a similar situation. I tried contacting few agencies but of no use. I would really appreciated if you can help me out here. Did you get your PCC finally? Or was it waived off?

Thanks in advance.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!
I just came across your post regarding pcc from china. Actually, we are stuck in a similar situation. I tried contacting few agencies but of no use. I would really appreciated if you can help me out here. Did you get your PCC finally? Or was it waived off?

Thanks in advance.
They only issue PCC for periods of time with student/working visa. So if you were with tourist/business visa.. I don't think they will issue PCC. I was two years in Shenzhen, they only include the year I was with working visa. I had to explain it on the LOE, hope they accept it.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi! You can track China PCC topics via forum, it all comes down to F visa not being issued a police certificate. I had tried various agents to no avail. If you had stayed on student/work visa, get that at least. Like chente, I had wrote an LoE and now hope for the best. I had actually met cases, when people in same situation had written an LoE and already got PPR. So, our hopes are not baseless :). But, to write an LoE I strongly recommend you to contact agents, police or any other relevant authorities, better in writing, so you can prove that you tried to get the PCC. Agents try to do something, or just will reject you outright in email. As I understand, it's crucial to prove that you tried obtaining PCC and did your best. So the more evidence the better. Even if you don't get a reply from authorities, still try. You can then add emails or letters to your LoE.
Link below contains info on China PCC by US Dep of State. Go to Police, Court, Prison Records section. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html You may add it to your LoE as an additional proof source. I found this link via this forum too. Good luck!

Reactions: pigeon

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! You can track China PCC topics via forum, it all comes down to F visa not being issued a police certificate. I had tried various agents to no avail. If you had stayed on student/work visa, get that at least. Like chente, I had wrote an LoE and now hope for the best. I had actually met cases, when people in same situation had written an LoE and already got PPR. So, our hopes are not baseless :). But, to write an LoE I strongly recommend you to contact agents, police or any other relevant authorities, better in writing, so you can prove that you tried to get the PCC. Agents try to do something, or just will reject you outright in email. As I understand, it's crucial to prove that you tried obtaining PCC and did your best. So the more evidence the better. Even if you don't get a reply from authorities, still try. You can then add emails or letters to your LoE.
Link below contains info on China PCC by US Dep of State. Go to Police, Court, Prison Records section. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html You may add it to your LoE as an additional proof source. I found this link via this forum too. Good luck!
Yeah, just follow this!
By the way @Houzi what is your timeline, lets keep in touch!

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, just follow this!
By the way @Houzi what is your timeline, lets keep in touch!
Hi, chente! I passed 80 days mark since AOR, FSWO. Not sure if I'm in IP1 or IP2 now, cant figure it out. Lol. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best :) I will keep you updated. Good luck to all of us, poor foreigners who went to China!

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, chente! I passed 80 days mark since AOR, FSWO. Not sure if I'm in IP1 or IP2 now, cant figure it out. Lol. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best :) I will keep you updated. Good luck to all of us, poor foreigners who went to China!
so you passed medicals right? If yes probably they accepted the PCC!

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Yes, I passed medicals a month ago, its definitely a good thing. But I will not sleep well until its all done :) I checked statistics on immitracker, and rejections can happen well after medicals are cleared. So lets wait and see. Ha-ha!

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi guys! I'm writing to say that there is a definite chance to get a PR with incomplete PCC from China, since I just got my PR this morning! Yes!!! I had a PCC for my period of studying, and couldn't provide PCC for all visits to China on F and L visas (multiple), including staying in Guangzhou for 2 and 3 months. My LoE was accepted. I attached mails to/from agents to LoE, showing its impossible to arrange PCC for F and L visas. So, good luck to you all! We can do it!
chente, I checked your signature and found out you reside in Macao. I reside in Taiwan, so we're almost neighbours :). Hope it all goes well for you and you get your PR soon. My case was processed by Ottawa, not by HK VO.
My timeline: May 10 - AOR;
June 23 - medical passed, BS changed to: you application is in progress.
July 23 - BC changed to: we're prosessing your background check.
Aug 10 - emailed CIC to inquire which VO is processing my case.
Aug 15 - got reply saying: your application has been approved and is being processed as per our regulatiry timeline.
Aug 17 - PPR!

pigeon

Jul 29, 2017
I had travelled to Shanghai twice on F visa with total duration exceeding 6 months and got my PR application approved without China PCC, but not without an effort. I did contact a couple of agents over email whom I found online. I also contacted one of my Chinese friends and all of them said it is not possible to get PCC for F visa. I wrote a detailed explanation letter saying why I don't have China PCC and attached all the emails and also provided reference to the aforementioned link of US govt. travel website.

ennaroe23

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hi there,
I have created my EE profile and have collected PCC from India.
I have stayed in China(Guangzhou) for a duration of 7 months (but it was not continuous, I had 40 days gap between 2 travels)
I found from the forum that there is chance for CIC to ask PCC for China.
If there is anyone has any idea about this, please help me.
I read from some forums that it's not possible to get PCC for F-Type visas in china (in my case).
I don't have any contacts in China and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Sumesh
Hi pls let me know how you are able to obtain a PCC in CHina. I need it for my PR application,too.