+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificates Validity

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Dear CANADAVISA Members,

Hope all of you are doing great and having a great day. I have a question about the validity of the police certificates. Here is my situation, I received ITA back in May. As I lived in various countries due to my work, I had to get police certificates from 4 different countries which i hope everyone can understand how difficult is a task. But somehow, I managed to get all PCCs (literally begging people) and submitted all my documents with my application.

Unfortunately, CIC made an objection on one of my PCCs :( and rejected my application. I then created a new EE profile, transferred my Provincial nomination to the new EE and thankfully, got ITA again in the latest ITA draw. Now, my question is do I need to collect all those PCCs again even though I never traveled back to those countries during this time. For example, my UAE certificate was issued in May and it says on the certificate that it is valid for 3 months. Since I never traveled back to UAE (actually last time I was there , it was in 2015), is the certificate still valid? Similar is the case with other countries as well.

I will really appreciate any help or guidance in this regard since getting those PCCs will again cost me atleast 1000 $ and alot of begging and pleading :(

Thanks in advance.
Faheem Minhas

Last edited:

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Dear CANADAVISA Members,

Hope all of you are doing great and having a great day. I have a question about the validity of the police certificates. Here is my situation, I received ITA back in May. As I lived in various countries due to my work, I had to get police certificates from 4 different different which i hope everyone can understand how difficult is a task. But somehow, I managed to get all PCCs (literally begging people) and submitted all my documents with my application.

Unfortunately, CIC made an objection on one of my PCCs :( and rejected my application. I then created a new EE profile, transferred my Provincial nomination to the new EE and thankfully, got ITA again in the latest ITA draw. Now, my question is do I need to collect all those PCCs again even though I never traveled back to those countries during this time. For example, my UAE certificate was issued in May and it says on the certificate that it is valid for 3 months. Since I never traveled back to UAE (actually last time I was there , it was in 2015), is the certificate still valid? Similar is the case with other countries as well.

I will really appreciate any help or guidance in this regard since getting those PCCs will again cost me atleast 1000 $ and alot of begging and pleading :(

Thanks in advance.
Faheem Minhas
Sorry to hear your initial rejection- can you please advise what's the reason for the 'objection' CIC raised for one of your PCC's? This will benefit other readers so that they can get a grip on what needs to be done. Thanks.

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
If you didn't visit these countries after the issue date of the PCCs, the PCCs are valid and don't care about the expiry date written on them.
The only thing you need to worry about is the PCC from your current country, it has to be issued within the past 6 months at the time you submit your application.
Thank you brother for your response. Is there any reference to this guideline on CIC website or if you know someone, who had a similar case and his PCC was accepted. I just want to be safe as you can understand, its my second and probably the last chance.

Regards
Faheem

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Sorry to hear your initial rejection- can you please advise what's the reason for the 'objection' CIC raised for one of your PCC's? This will benefit other readers so that they can get a grip on what needs to be done. Thanks.
Basically the rejection was on my Wife´s PCC as the PCC did not have all the addresses mentioned in the Address/Personal history submitted with the application.

To be more detailed, she was living on address A in City A for a certain Duration A . After we got married, her address was changed to my address which was Address B in City B for Duration B and we had only provided the PCC from the latter address/city/duration. These were the exact words on the the intimation letter i received.

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: -

Police Certificate: for "My Wife"

The Police certificate from "Country Name" that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in "Country Name". You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in "Country Name" from 2008/12/01 to 2016/08/30

Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete"

Thanks
Faheem

Reactions: Jakev