+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate

jege

Sep 2, 2018
My friend was working in Oman and now came back.. is she need PCC from Oman to apply for express entry. CIC site saying PCC not mandatory for Oman.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
My friend was working in Oman and now came back.. is she need PCC from Oman to apply for express entry. CIC site saying PCC not mandatory for Oman.
Police certificates are absolutely mandatory. What they mean on cic is that some countries won't give you the PC unless you provide them with a request letter from a certain party!

She needs to get a Police Certificate from Oman after all if she lived there for 6 months or more. However, the following is the options she has:
1- Upload a letter of explanation on the slot required for PC informing cic that Oman requires a letter from cic to issue a PC, then follow the below link once cic provide the request letter.
2- Send an email to the nearest Canadian Embassy giving them the EE application number and asking them for a letter request for PC from Oman. They will tell her to pass by the embassy and collect the certificate. Then follow the below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/oman.html

In my case, it was Saudi Arabia and I followed option No. 2. I believed it is better for a quicker processing.

Please note that when cic means that a PC is not mandatory from a certain country at all, the wording on the website will be:
"Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? If we ask for one."
Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/syria.html

Good luck.

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Hey guys i have a question.
My Aor is Aug 6 and my wife is the prime applicant and i am the spouse applicant.

UAE is our country of residence and India is the country of origin.

At the time of submission me and my wife did not get a pcc from india. They had delayed the process, so i had attached a LOE for the same and also attached the receipts.

(Please note that i had explained that although we have never stayed in india for more than 6 months in a *ROW*. We have applied for a pcc from india 2 months back and still waiting for a reply. So please find attached the receipts for the same)

Today we got the PCC

Now questions is, should i upload my PCC by filling a case specific enquiry or should i just wait till they ask for additional documents (if required).

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey guys i have a question.
My Aor is Aug 6 and my wife is the prime applicant and i am the spouse applicant.

UAE is our country of residence and India is the country of origin.

At the time of submission me and my wife did not get a pcc from india. They had delayed the process, so i had attached a LOE for the same and also attached the receipts.

(Please note that i had explained that although we have never stayed in india for more than 6 months in a *ROW*. We have applied for a pcc from india 2 months back and still waiting for a reply. So please find attached the receipts for the same)

Today we got the PCC

Now questions is, should i upload my PCC by filling a case specific enquiry or should i just wait till they ask for additional documents (if required).
Aman dont wait, just upload with an explanation that these are the pending PCCs received from India which were earlier delayed.

Reactions: Aman6591