+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate

vjj

Jul 22, 2018
I have left UAE 2 years ago with unpaid debt, I am afraid that they will not give me police clearance unless I settle the debt. I am incapable to settle it at the moment. Is it ok if I will not declare that I've been to that country for my Visa Application? Please reply. Thanks in advance.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have left UAE 2 years ago with unpaid debt, I am afraid that they will not give me police clearance unless I settle the debt. I am incapable to settle it at the moment. Is it ok if I will not declare that I've been to that country for my Visa Application? Please reply. Thanks in advance.
That will be the case of misrepresentation and you might end up with a 5 year ban...
only way i see is to settle your debt clear your name and then apply, else forget...

choubisahit

Jun 1, 2018
If you didn't stay for more than 6 months cumulative, then no need to mention it.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
If you didn't stay for more than 6 months cumulative, then no need to mention it.
if you have not been in the country for 6 months, then no need to provide the PCC
but but... big but... it may end up raising a big red flag during the background check, as you have to declare your travel history of the last 10 yrs and you will have to mention your dates of entry/exit from Dubai.

vjj

Jul 22, 2018
That will be the case of misrepresentation and you might end up with a 5 year ban...
only way i see is to settle your debt clear your name and then apply, else forget...
How will they know if I've stayed there? I have changed my passport already since I have changed my last name.

vjj

Jul 22, 2018
if you have not been in the country for 6 months, then no need to provide the PCC
but but... big but... it may end up raising a big red flag during the background check, as you have to declare your travel history of the last 10 yrs and you will have to mention your dates of entry/exit from Dubai.
How will they know if I've stayed there? I have changed my passport already since I have changed my last name.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
your new passport will still carry the file name/reference of your old passport somewhere right?
another thing is that if your passport is renewed less 2 yr old, they may ask you provide the copy of the old one(all pages)
and anyhow you have to declare your past travels. you misrepresent or hide these details you will end up creating trouble for your self and I would not suggest you do that.

vjj

Jul 22, 2018
your new passport will still carry the file name/reference of your old passport somewhere right?
another thing is that if your passport is renewed less 2 yr old, they may ask you provide the copy of the old one(all pages)
and anyhow you have to declare your past travels. you misrepresent or hide these details you will end up creating trouble for your self and I would not suggest you do that.
Thank you so much. if I at least try to secure the police report and submit it to the canadian embassy, will I be declined?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Few things that you should know :

1. You have to submit your old passport with your visa application. The last page of new passport has your old passport reference number. You cannot escape submitting your old passport.

2. Your entry/exit dates are already stamped in passport pages. Hence, CIC will know for how many days you were out of home nation. If more than 6 months then you need to submit PCC from that country.

3. CIC has access to various immigration databases. One REST API query and you are done with 5 year ban.

Reactions: batosai

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you so much. if I at least try to secure the police report and submit it to the canadian embassy, will I be declined?
getting a police report and submitting it is part of criminality approvals, which may or not be passed.
Background check digs deep in back ground of each applicant, if there are cases registered under the applicant for what ever reason. that's where real rejection will happen(this is just my own thinking)...

Background checks are done by a combination of CBSA, CSIS, RCMP and their international partners in each country along with Interpol. You dont wanna get messed up in this tangle tbh.

Last edited:

vjj

Jul 22, 2018
getting a police report and submitting it is part of criminality approvals, which may or not be passed.
Background check digs deep in back ground of each applicant, if there are cases registered under the applicant for what ever reason. that's where real rejection will happen(this is just my own thinking)...

Background checks are done by a combination of CBSA, CSIS, RCMP and their international partners in each country along with Interpol. You dont wanna get messed up in this tangle tbh.
Are debts serious cases in Canada?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Are debts serious cases in Canada?
I don't know as I have not been involved in one...
but what I know once you left Dubai without settling your bills and the bank/organization has reported it, then you will not be able to clear your name unless you settled your debt.