+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Hi all,,
I am really worried about my application, I can't get the Police Clearance Certificate from Iraq as the very bad situation there is the main obstacle for getting it, another thing is all my familly members are abroad "Not in Iraq" thus I have nobody there to follow it in Iraq as this is the procedure there. I am wondering what can I do in this situation.

Your reply will be highly appreciated
regards
TMSB

hiabhay

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2009
Doc's Request.
10-06-2009
AOR Received.
10-06-2009
IELTS Request
10-06-2009
File Transfer...
17-06-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2009
Med's Done....
17-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
I dont have experience in this, but I suggest you to check with local Iraq embassy if they can assist you.

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Hi hiabhay,,
Thank you very much for your reply. I have done the embassy part, I gave my finger print there, but they can't control the PCC in Iraq, they told me that I have to have somebody in Iraq who might follow up the PCC whereas I don't. I sent a letter to CIC explaining my status and still waiting their response.

regards
TMSB

aso

Jun 19, 2010
Hello
I was wondering what happened with ur case as I am facing the exact same situation now! I've lived around 2 years out of the 10 in Iraq. I called the embassy and they said the exact same thing about finding someone to do it for me while I have no family there!
Thanks in advance for ur help

RSD123

Jul 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Review complete : 22-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
04-Sept-2013
Guys I'm also in same situation.. Did anyone managed to get PCC from Iraq...

qawgaci

Dec 19, 2013
Hello guys,

I have been trying to get that freaking PCC from iraq, i know some local guys they go to police station police tell him to go to ministry of interior, then they say go to police department. Then we were told to submit a letter requesting PCC. I submitted that letter to police departments in Baghdad, Basrah and Najaf and we were told to wait again and have still been waiting. I dont know what to do bc they gave me 40 days and 30 days for extension. It is kinda impossible to get an official paper from iraq, nobody wants to help there and if they tell you to wait omg it can last forever. Plus people who works for embassy they never want to help! Anyone knows something please help.

Thanks

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
Hello guys,

I have been trying to get that freaking PCC from iraq, i know some local guys they go to police station police tell him to go to ministry of interior, then they say go to police department. Then we were told to submit a letter requesting PCC. I submitted that letter to police departments in Baghdad, Basrah and Najaf and we were told to wait again and have still been waiting. I dont know what to do bc they gave me 40 days and 30 days for extension. It is kinda impossible to get an official paper from iraq, nobody wants to help there and if they tell you to wait omg it can last forever. Plus people who works for embassy they never want to help! Anyone knows something please help.

Thanks
Hi
I am in the same situation..
but were you able to get one? I badly badly need it because i am now left with 30 days only

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
Hi hiabhay,,
Thank you very much for your reply. I have done the embassy part, I gave my finger print there, but they can't control the PCC in Iraq, they told me that I have to have somebody in Iraq who might follow up the PCC whereas I don't. I sent a letter to CIC explaining my status and still waiting their response.

regards
TMSB
Hi
I just wanted to ask what happened to your efforts ragarding getting a PCC from Iraq? The embassy said the exact same thing to me and I am already desperate.. i’m only left with 30 days and I have no clue whatelse to do..
I hope you can help me with this......

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Hi,

As per CIC website you do not need to provide PCC from Iraq unless they ask you. check the below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/iraq.asp

Thanks
Faheem

Hi
I just wanted to ask what happened to your efforts ragarding getting a PCC from Iraq? The embassy said the exact same thing to me and I am already desperate.. i’m only left with 30 days and I have no clue whatelse to do..
I hope you can help me with this......

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Ok. Is it after you submitted your application after ITA? and how long did you stay in Iraq and in which city. The reason I am asking is I also lived there and i might end up needing it as well :)

Initially that was the case that they were not requiring, but now they are already asking me to.

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
Ok. Is it after you submitted your application after ITA? and how long did you stay in Iraq and in which city. The reason I am asking is I also lived there and i might end up needing it as well :)
Yes that is right. I stayed in Sulaimaniyah, Kurdistan actually. Though they have recently gained independence from Iraq, Kurdistan is still a part of Iraq technically. So I suggest that as early as now, you also have to contact people and find means to get a PCC because eventually you will have to submit it.