+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

Dec 19, 2014
Hi Friends,

Currently, I am working in India. Previously, I have been to UK and pursued masters there and also worked there for 2 years. Now, is it sufficient to obtain "Police Clearance certificate" from India or do I have to get Police Clearance Certificate from UK as well. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Anilkumar

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Quote from CIC Website:

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

So if you lived in the UK for 2 years, you'll need one from there as well as one from India, if you lived there after 18 for 6 months or more.

Cheers

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
CanadaVisa4Anil said:
Hi Friends,

Currently, I am working in India. Previously, I have been to UK and pursued masters there and also worked there for 2 years. Now, is it sufficient to obtain "Police Clearance certificate" from India or do I have to get Police Clearance Certificate from UK as well. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Anilkumar
The country you belong too and along with that any country where you stayed more than 6 months , In this case you would need UK PCC too.

Dwaipayan.M

Dec 5, 2014
Hi All,

I am in Gurgaon and interested in EE.

I have got my ECA done from WES ( They completed it in 17 Days )
I have got my IELTS scores as well.

I think PCC is the only document thats pending from my side, except Medical.

Is there any specific format for getting the PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) in India ?
Also Whats the process to get it.

Regards,
Dwai

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hi friends ,

Do the dependents like Spouse also need Police clearance for all the Countries they have lived.

abhicool

Nov 26, 2014
Dwaipayan.M said:
Hi All,

I am in Gurgaon and interested in EE.

I have got my ECA done from WES ( They completed it in 17 Days )
I have got my IELTS scores as well.

I think PCC is the only document thats pending from my side, except Medical.

Is there any specific format for getting the PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) in India ?
Also Whats the process to get it.

Regards,
Dwai

Hi Dwaipayan

Can you tell me the procedure of WES... i believe you done ur graduations from INDIA...

can you send me in details or can you send ur contact no my email is koolabhicool@gmail.com

u can send me ur phone no in my mail id