+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate

rinki.thakur

Aug 12, 2014
Hello there,
Recently joined here.I'm in the process of applying for immigration under FSW prog.It's written on canada immigration site, that a person needs police verification from all the countries he/she has lived after attaining 18 yrs of age.My question is,I've completed my MD,Physician degree from Russia,where I studied for 6 yrs as a student.Our Visas were renewed every yr.I successfully completed my course.It's been 17 yrs,since i passed out.Do I have to get a Police verification certificate from Russia also?Plz ,can somebody guide me?Thanx in Advance.

red9999

Mar 21, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
IELTS Request
sent with ap
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015. tlu 30-07-2015
Interview........
Telephonic verif. 17-06-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
19 March'16
If you were above 18yrs when you studied ..then yes you have to provide the PCC from that country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

On information how to get one from Russia check here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/russia.asp

You can also contact your embassy to check if they can issue you one as the embassy issued PCC s are also accepted by CIC.

knamajid

Sep 13, 2014
Guys,
I was in dubai where I stayed about 6 months on job however, in the interim I travelled to india on 170th day and went back after 10 days to resign, after which I resigned and came back in 18 days. Do I still need to get PCC from dubai since my stay wasnt continous.

Plz guide..

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
knamajid said:
Guys,
I was in dubai where I stayed about 6 months on job however, in the interim I travelled to india on 170th day and went back after 10 days to resign, after which I resigned and came back in 18 days. Do I still need to get PCC from dubai since my stay wasnt continous.

Plz guide..
Your stay may not be continuous. If you were a 'resident' of UAE on a Valid employment VISA for 6 months or more - then you should include a PCC from UAE as well.

If your exit (post termination of employment) from UAE was before 6 months (which means your VISA was cancelled), then you do not need to include a PCC for UAE.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
rinki.thakur said:
Hello there,
Recently joined here.I'm in the process of applying for immigration under FSW prog.It's written on canada immigration site, that a person needs police verification from all the countries he/she has lived after attaining 18 yrs of age.My question is,I've completed my MD,Physician degree from Russia,where I studied for 6 yrs as a student.Our Visas were renewed every yr.I successfully completed my course.It's been 17 yrs,since i passed out.Do I have to get a Police verification certificate from Russia also?Plz ,can somebody guide me?Thanx in Advance.
Yes - you will need to acquire a PCC from Russia.

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I worked in Abu Dhabi from Feb-2013 to Sep-2013. Currently I am working in USA. Since I have been working to complete docs, I secured UAE PCC in Feb-2016 just before coming to US.

Q1: Whether this PCC would hold good or not. After leaving UAE in Sep-2013, i have not been there again.

Q2: I also got my India PCC in Feb-2016 just before coming to US. After this, I am working in US. India PCC is stamped on my passport. Whether this is also fine.

Q3: My wife stayed for 5 months and 25 days in UAE(less than six months by 5 days). IRCC says that UAE PCC only needs to be obtained for six months or more. Should i try to secure her PCC as well?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Sir,

I have stayed in thiland for 153 days and 168 days in hong kong over a period of 3 years, do i need PCC from there countries?
If your stay was for 6 months/182 days or more, you ll hve to provide the pcc. Convert it in months. Seems like it falls below 6 months for each country. So won't need it.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
I worked in Abu Dhabi from Feb-2013 to Sep-2013. Currently I am working in USA. Since I have been working to complete docs, I secured UAE PCC in Feb-2016 just before coming to US.

Q1: Whether this PCC would hold good or not. After leaving UAE in Sep-2013, i have not been there again.

Q2: I also got my India PCC in Feb-2016 just before coming to US. After this, I am working in US. India PCC is stamped on my passport. Whether this is also fine.

Q3: My wife stayed for 5 months and 25 days in UAE(less than six months by 5 days). IRCC says that UAE PCC only needs to be obtained for six months or more. Should i try to secure her PCC as well?
Q1: get a new 1.
Q2: get a new 1.

There has been cases where 6months old pcc applicant got rejected. I would suggest to get it after the ITA where you got 90days time to submit. To be on the safe side.
Q3: you dont need as it falls below 6months. Still ask senior experts to answer this.

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Q1: get a new 1.
Q2: get a new 1.

There has been cases where 6months old pcc applicant got rejected. I would suggest to get it after the ITA where you got 90days time to submit. To be on the safe side.
Q3: you dont need as it falls below 6months. Still ask senior experts to answer this.
Thanks for your response. I read the following from CIC site.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Question: Does not mean that my UAE PCC would hold good but Indian PCC which was obtained before leaving for US is not valid?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. I read the following from CIC site.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Question: Does not mean that my UAE PCC would hold good but Indian PCC which was obtained before leaving for US is not valid?
According to the CIC statement, your UAE pcc should be good enough. But, there has been cases they have asked for a new 1 or rejected the application. If you want to take a chance, you can. You can sumit the UAE pcc, if they ask for a new1 you can give them that time or if they reject your file, write them the cic statement. They might reopen. But, if i was you, i wouldn't take the chance. How long does it take to get the pcc in UAE?