+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate- SFO consulate

ramya@123

Jan 25, 2018
Hi

We got our Indian PCC done via SFO Consulate in 3 weeks but there is no PCC stamp on our passports, they just mailed the PCC document and nothing stamped on the passports, does anyone applied through SFO Consulate recently and had the same, is it ok if there is no stamp on passports??

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi

We got our Indian PCC done via SFO Consulate in 3 weeks but there is no PCC stamp on our passports, they just mailed the PCC document and nothing stamped on the passports, does anyone applied through SFO Consulate recently and had the same, is it ok if there is no stamp on passports??
No experience of the Indian Consulate of SFO, but we applied through Indian Consulate in Toronto in March. There was no stamp on our passports either.

As long you have receive the PCC document should be fine. What i did at the time of submitting my PR application along with the PCC I attached the payment receipt of the Indian consulate as well.

Hope this helps.

ramya@123

Jan 25, 2018
No experience of the Indian Consulate of SFO, but we applied through Indian Consulate in Toronto in March. There was no stamp on our passports either.

As long you have receive the PCC document should be fine. What i did at the time of submitting my PR application along with the PCC I attached the payment receipt of the Indian consulate as well.

Hope this helps.
Ok thanks!! We will do the same, did you get your PR, I mean no issue raised for PCC during your application processing correct?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ok thanks!! We will do the same, did you get your PR, I mean no issue raised for PCC during your application processing correct?
My application is under process still.
They had sent a recent communication 23 May wrt to my spouse’s RCMP police certificate but they canceled the request the very next day.
I don’t think Indian PCC will be an issue tbh. We followed the process mentioned on the CIC website.
I spoke to the CIC folks next day to inquire about my application status they said that at present security check is ongoing.

ramya@123

Jan 25, 2018
My application is under process still.
They had sent a recent communication 23 May wrt to my spouse’s RCMP police certificate but they canceled the request the very next day.
I don’t think Indian PCC will be an issue tbh. We followed the process mentioned on the CIC website.
I spoke to the CIC folks next day to inquire about my application status they said that at present security check is ongoing.
Okay, wish you goodluck, I just came to know that they don't stamp on passports for PCC in USA, may be same for Canada too I guess.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter said it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.
My passport was issued in India in 2013.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.