+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate Requirement

PiTHn

Jan 6, 2013
Hi All!

I am planning to apply for PR thought Express Entry (CEC). I came to Canada ~2 years ago from Pakistan on Temporary Work Permit. At that time i had to provide Police Certificate of all countries i stayed for more than 6 months. Since then i am living inside Canada and did not visit back home. Do i need to get new Police Certificates from Pakistan & All countries of residence (more than 6 months) again for my PR application OR old one's will do?

-Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Old ones will be fine as long you can provide proof that you didnt leave canada once you came here back 2 years ago

PiTHn

Jan 6, 2013
rafzy said:
Old ones will be fine as long you can provide proof that you didnt leave canada once you came here back 2 years ago
Thanks rafzy for prompt reply!

Do we have any reference on CIC website to confirm this?

Mahmednaeem

Feb 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2015
Anyone from Lahore / Pakistan
Plz text contact number for guidance

0300-5556975 (Ahmed)

goldenbowl

Feb 13, 2014
PiTHn said:
Hi All!

I am planning to apply for PR thought Express Entry (CEC). I came to Canada ~2 years ago from Pakistan on Temporary Work Permit. At that time i had to provide Police Certificate of all countries i stayed for more than 6 months. Since then i am living inside Canada and did not visit back home. Do i need to get new Police Certificates from Pakistan & All countries of residence (more than 6 months) again for my PR application OR old one's will do?

-Thanks
if you have kept the old PCC (original hard copy/ colored scanned) then you can submit but i am not sure..

PCC is valid mostly for 1 Year for Immigration purpose and 2 year already passed so if you can arrange PCC from Pakistan and other countries then it will be far better and you will not be any dilemma.. CIC always require fresh PCC and even not PCC, CIC always ask for fresh documents regarding experience etc..

so suggest you to contact CIC... will be better..

cheers..

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need new ones. police certs for canadian immigration need to be issued within 3 months from when you submit them