June 13th
File Transfer...
June 16th
Med's Done....
Pre-med: June 12th
VISA ISSUED...
July 1st
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR under CEC in November 2022. At the time of application, I wasn't required to submit a police clearance certificate since I moved to Canada ~5 months after my 18th birthday and haven't left the country for more than 2 months at a time.

I got a request for a PCC from India on the portal and I'm confused. PCC processing times are pretty high and it is unlikely I'll be able to submit it within 30 days.

What should I do?

Elliott18

Feb 1, 2023
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR under CEC in November 2022. At the time of application, I wasn't required to submit a police clearance certificate since I moved to Canada ~5 months after my 18th birthday and haven't left the country for more than 2 months at a time.

I got a request for a PCC from India on the portal and I'm confused. PCC processing times are pretty high and it is unlikely I'll be able to submit it within 30 days.

What should I do?
Hello, You should submit a letter of explanation to IRCC explaining your situation and that you were not required to submit a PCC at the time of your application. You can also provide evidence to support your claim, such as travel records or a copy of the instructions that were provided to you at the time of your application.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

What should I do?
PCC are needed from countries you had spent more than 6 months.
Yes you have to provide the PCC now since it is requested. You can provide the copy of form, payment receipt and other paperwork to prove that you have applied. This is what the IRCC website says.

Reactions: spencer1

spencer1

May 12, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13th
File Transfer...
June 16th
Med's Done....
Pre-med: June 12th
VISA ISSUED...
July 1st
Hello, You should submit a letter of explanation to IRCC explaining your situation and that you were not required to submit a PCC at the time of your application. You can also provide evidence to support your claim, such as travel records or a copy of the instructions that were provided to you at the time of your application.
I will apply for PCC and also talk to IRCC to know my options and report back here.

Thank you