+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate Question

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

I am in a bit of a fix here. Just received a letter from CIC asking both me and my wife to furnish police clearance certificates from Canada, Japan, Singapore and India. We've previously lived in these countries before. Problem is: CIC has given us a deadline until 3/6/2014 (thats approx 3 weeks) to gather all our certs and upload them. I think we can manage to get the certificate for Japan and India within the set duration but I am not so sure about Singapore and Canada.
Is there a way to let CIC know that I wont be able to upload some of the documents within their deadline?
Also, how do I go about applying for a PCC from RCPM? (I am looking for a quick way rather than sending my fingerprints to them and waiting 10 weeks for them to reply back)

Any tips and help would be real helpful.

Thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just submit the acknowledgement of receipt of your request for PCC from the respected police authorities to the CIC and they will know that you are in the process of issuance and put you on hold. Japan's PCC can take a loooooong time btw.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
kaulvirus said:
Hey Guys,

I am in a bit of a fix here. Just received a letter from CIC asking both me and my wife to furnish police clearance certificates from Canada, Japan, Singapore and India. We've previously lived in these countries before. Problem is: CIC has given us a deadline until 3/6/2014 (thats approx 3 weeks) to gather all our certs and upload them. I think we can manage to get the certificate for Japan and India within the set duration but I am not so sure about Singapore and Canada.
Is there a way to let CIC know that I wont be able to upload some of the documents within their deadline?
Also, how do I go about applying for a PCC from RCPM? (I am looking for a quick way rather than sending my fingerprints to them and waiting 10 weeks for them to reply back)

Any tips and help would be real helpful.

Thanks

Hi,

I am going through the similar problem as you have experienced. I have applied for PR under Manitoba provincial nomination program. Hope to receive a positive outcome soon. Therefore, I am trying to collect Police clearance certificate from the countries I lived in the last 10 years or age 18. I lived in Japan for 6 years. Now I am living in Beijing. I have requested Embassy of Japan in my country (Bangladesh) to for this purpose. The Embassy asked me to submit original demand/request letter from Canadian Immigration Authority. However, at this stage how can I get this request letter. I know at some stage of my application to CIC they will ask for PCC if I don't submit the PCC from Japan with my application to CIC. I also went to the Embassy of Japan in Beijing. They also asked me for an origical request letter for PCC. Can anybody suggest me how can I get a request letter for PCC from Canadian Authority.

Thank you for your time and kind attention.

Best regards,

Eusufzai

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you would have to wait in order to get your Japanese PCC. If you've lived in japan, you'd know that japanese are stickler for rules, they won't budge until you provide them with that exact embassy letter. Infact, they clearly mention on their police clearance that the document is exclusively meant for "The Canadian High Commission".

All the best!