+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate(PR application as a Refugee)

esperant

Feb 2, 2020
Hi guys. I applied for the PR last year as a Refugee (from Canada). A few weeks ago Immigration asked me to send the Police Clearance Certificate from the contries where I lived for at least 6 months. My question is: do a Refugee has to submit the PCC of the country against which they have claimed protection or the country they fled?
I mean: I fled Central African Republic to claim protection in Canada, do I have to submit the PCC of Central African Republic?
In my case I lived in 2 differents contries, I can easily provide the PCC of the other country,my doubt concerns the country that I fled.
Has anyone been through this process before?
Thank you

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
"Protected persons must submit police clearance certificates (PCCs) from the countries where they have resided for more than six months since the age of 18 years. Note that PCCs are not required from the countries from which the applicant sought protection."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/protected-persons/stage-2-admissibility.html#criminal

Hi guys. I applied for the PR last year as a Refugee (from Canada). A few weeks ago Immigration asked me to send the Police Clearance Certificate from the contries where I lived for at least 6 months. My question is: do a Refugee has to submit the PCC of the country against which they have claimed protection or the country they fled?
I mean: I fled Central African Republic to claim protection in Canada, do I have to submit the PCC of Central African Republic?
In my case I lived in 2 differents contries, I can easily provide the PCC of the other country,my doubt concerns the country that I fled.
Has anyone been through this process before?
Thank you

esperant

Feb 2, 2020
Thank you fror replying. I know it's a bit stupid as a question but I'm very confused because of this sentence "Note that PCCs are not required from the countries from which the applicant sought protection." Do they mean the countries I fled or the countries where I potentially applied for asylum before coming to Canada?
I really could not understand the right meaning of this sentence . Thank you again

"Protected persons must submit police clearance certificates (PCCs) from the countries where they have resided for more than six months since the age of 18 years. Note that PCCs are not required from the countries from which the applicant sought protection."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/protected-persons/stage-2-admissibility.html#criminal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you fror replying. I know it's a bit stupid as a question but I'm very confused because of this sentence "Note that PCCs are not required from the countries from which the applicant sought protection." Do they mean the countries I fled or the countries where I potentially applied for asylum before coming to Canada?
I really could not understand the right meaning of this sentence . Thank you again
Countries you fled.

Reactions: Tamiou