+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate / Police verification

Jan 1, 2021
Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder from Vancouver on Work Permit want to apply for PCC. My family in Mumbai, India, recently moved to a new address which is not reflected in my passport. The new address comes under same police station. Knowing that PCC would need fresh police verification, do I have to update my passport with the new address?

I don't mind updating except that it will take ages to finish, 2 months for passport reissue and 2 months for PCC :(

Anybody with similar experience?

saurabhsnrg

May 18, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
Med's Done....
02-11-2020
Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder from Vancouver on Work Permit want to apply for PCC. My family in Mumbai, India, recently moved to a new address which is not reflected in my passport. The new address comes under same police station. Knowing that PCC would need fresh police verification, do I have to update my passport with the new address?

I don't mind updating except that it will take ages to finish, 2 months for passport reissue and 2 months for PCC :(

Anybody with similar experience?
Apply with the new address (address in india section on the form). They will verify both the addresses by themselves to make sure you do not have any criminal history in those jurisdictions and since both the addresses fall under one jurisdiction this won't be an issue as long as you actually do nto have any criminal charges against you. It's not a big deal. But do put the current address there, otherwise it would be an issue when the police can't get a hold of people who can verify that you live/stay or used to live there.

Hppy002

Jul 21, 2020
Can your relatives do your verification who lives in area under same jurisdiction or it has to someone from your family.