+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate Period

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
But the OP mentioned that the PCC states a from - to duration.

If the PCC is issued after his last visit but the date range does not include his "non resident" period, would that be an issue? (Ie if he gets a new PCC today and the date range in the pcc is the same as before (dob to 2009))

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagleeye_a said:
But the OP mentioned that the PCC states a from - to duration.

If the PCC is issued after his last visit but the date range does not include his "non resident" period, would that be an issue? (Ie if he gets a new PCC today and the date range in the pcc is the same as before (dob to 2009))
[/quote

whats an OP ? :)

i have not seen a PCC which actually includes date range - thats probably becoz you applied for PCC from a police station... (i could be wrong however)

anyway let me see if i understood your question correctly.

PCC says you are clear from 1st jan 2006 to 1st jan 2016
PCC was issued on 2nd Jan 2016.

if you have not visited the country (above country should be country of origin only, not country of residence) since the time PCC was issued, then it should be OK.

personal opinion - if possible try to get PCC from passport office, it doesnt mention address or even date range... and its accepted by CIC.

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
@thestunner316
'OP' = 'original post'.

The police clearance was obtained from a consulate(instructions from CIC's website).

The date range is standard on the PCC of the country.

The date range specified, for example from 19xx to 2010, is the time I was a non-resident citizen. The PCC was issued this year, 2016. I did visit the country after B as a non citizen. The number of days did not make me a "resident" which is their minimum for issuance of a PCC. for the period after 2010 I was a non-citizen non-resident, for which they do not provide PCC.

Surprisingly there's a US government website which acknowledges this situation as well.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
thestunner316 said:
thats interesting, if you have copied the clause directly from CIC site i'm not 100% sure what it means...

however for you its quite straightforward... your case is almost the same as mine.

Country A - Country of residence
County B - Country of origin

You need to apply for PCC for both Country A and B. And for both countries you need to apply from Country A only...
Usually PCC for country B (Country of origin) is applied from consulate or the passport office...
thanks for your time +1

MohanKM

Mar 1, 2018
thats interesting, if you have copied the clause directly from CIC site i'm not 100% sure what it means...

however for you its quite straightforward... your case is almost the same as mine.

Country A - Country of residence
County B - Country of origin

You need to apply for PCC for both Country A and B. And for both countries you need to apply from Country A only...
Usually PCC for country B (Country of origin) is applied from consulate or the passport office...

But, what about the dates for Country of Origin? Should I apply until my last visit which is just one month during Masters or until the first time I left the country for Masters?

utom1987

Star Member
May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
Guys, I am applying for PCC from Pakistan. Do i need the PCC from 18 years and older only ?
Also my nic mentions present address in Dist RWP and permanent address in Dist Gujrat. My wife became 18 in islamabad dist and now she has same present and permanent address like me . So do i have to get two PCC for myself one from Gujrat and one from Rawalpindi and for my wife, three as islamabad, one from Gujrat and one from Rawalpindi ??