+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - PCC requirements.

Mastercasepro5

Mar 6, 2019
Hello!

I received an ITA recently and I'm in the process of gathering all the required documents. One such document requirement was for the Police Clearance Certificate.

Now I have read the CIC website for the PCC requirement of when you need to get it and when not. From my understanding it states that PCC is required if you have lived in any country for more than 6 months continuously (in a row).

Now the example they have given also states this:

"Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application." - Source CIC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Now I am an Indian citizen but I have never lived in India for more than 5 months 29 days in a row. That is the maximum duration I have stayed in India. I have lived most my life in U.A.E.

Please suggest if I need to get an Indian PCC. Will it be any helpful for the timeline of processing my application, lets say if I get it now and submit it, there won't be further delay because the immigration officer has the required document and won't ask for it.

Did anyone previously experience such a scenario where they did ask for a PCC for several short stays in a country you visited?