+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate issued in India

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
I recieved my PCC today at Hyderabad, India. This is how the statement has been mentioned in PCC.

"It is certified that there is no adverse information against [Applicant' Name] holder of Passpport No. [Passport Number] issued at [Place] on [date] which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA."

Will this format be acceptable by IRCC? What does the statement OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA mean?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi, not sure what that wording means. I got my pcc from Hyd in may 2018. The wording is slightly different. Mine says " which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada"

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
Hi, not sure what that wording means. I got my pcc from Hyd in may 2018. The wording is slightly different. Mine says " which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada"
Later when I enquired with the Passport officer, he said that the format has been changed recently and this is how the PCC is being issued now. Per him, OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP OF CANADA statement states that the PCC can be used for all purpose like issuing Visa, PR but not for issuing Citizenship of the country. Not sure though how much of it makes sense though.

Just hoping that someone from the forum can share the statement from their PCC issued within 2-3 months back to verify if its matches mine.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Later when I enquired with the Passport officer, he said that the format has been changed recently and this is how the PCC is being issued now. Per him, OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP OF CANADA statement states that the PCC can be used for all purpose like issuing Visa, PR but not for issuing Citizenship of the country. Not sure though how much of it makes sense though.

Just hoping that someone from the forum can share the statement from their PCC issued within 2-3 months back to verify if its matches mine.

Ok. Good to know that he took the time to explain it. The only way this makes sense is maybe there might have been changes made to the Canadian citizenship process. Maybe now people are required to get another pcc at the time of applying for citizenship.

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
Ok. Good to know that he took the time to explain it. The only way this makes sense is maybe there might have been changes made to the Canadian citizenship process. Maybe now people are required to get another pcc at the time of applying for citizenship.
Okay, here's the deal. When filling the application form online, there's a dropdown which asks,

"Purpose for which PCC is required"

The options are,
1) Citizenship/Nationality application
2) Education/Research
3) Employment Visa/Work Permit
4) Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship
5) Long term Visa/Stay
6) Residence Permit
7) Tourist Visa

Do you remember which option you selected? I selected no. 4.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Ah ok. I don't remember having selected anything from a drop down menu. Although, once I got to the PSK I was given a pre printed declaration form of sorts. I had to fill in two spaces on the form...one was for purpose ( for which I wrote immigration) and the other blank I filled was for country ( Canada ).

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
The format of the PCC letter depends on what you chose from the drop down when you applied. If you chose 4, the same will be stated on the PCC. If you choose 6 instead, you will receive PCC with text "grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada". I chose 4, but the lady at counter A (Bangalore PSK) asked me for the purpose of my PCC and changed it to option 6 when I told her Canada Permanent Residency. So I have a PCC which says "grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada"

Reactions: Tarvinder91

maple06

Nov 16, 2018
I just received my PCC which mentions the same statement - ' which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA.'

I had selected the option 4 - Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship.

Is this format accepted for EE?

Also, my passport was not stamped after issuing PCC. Is this fine?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
I just received my PCC which mentions the same statement - ' which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA.'

I had selected the option 4 - Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship.

Is this format accepted for EE?

Also, my passport was not stamped after issuing PCC. Is this fine?

Thanks.
Well I applied for PCC again and this time I selected Option 6 (Residence Permit). The PCC format seems better this way. But the statement IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA is also technically correct, only thing it sounds a bit confusing. I would suggest you reissue PCC again with Option 6.

My passport was not stamped as well. I don't think it will be a problem since IRCC does not ask for copy of the stamped pages from passport. But I will leave it to other seniors in the forum to answer that.

maple06

Nov 16, 2018
Well I applied for PCC again and this time I selected Option 6 (Residence Permit). The PCC format seems better this way. But the statement IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA is also technically correct, only thing it sounds a bit confusing. I would suggest you reissue PCC again with Option 6.

My passport was not stamped as well. I don't think it will be a problem since IRCC does not ask for copy of the stamped pages from passport. But I will leave it to other seniors in the forum to answer that.
Thanks for the update!.

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017

Hi,

I just came to know that we can't reissue our PCC before 6 months of the old one. Is it actual or did you get yours reissue within that time.

Any reply will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

scottargent

Aug 21, 2019

So you got a PCC with the wordings - Residence Permit? Did you get the ITA? Was your application approved?