+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate issue

saju49

Jan 14, 2013
Hi,
My application process has hit a road block and I would appreciate if any of you would provide me some insight on resolving it. I am an Indian citizen, currently living in USA. I had lived in Nepal for 1 year in 1999. CIC is asking me to get a PCC from Nepal. I have sent number of emails to Nepal Police Headquarters in Kathmandu but did not receive any response. I tried contacting Nepal embassy in Washington DC but they could not help and asked me to contact Nepal police headquarter. I don't know what exactly to do. Since I am an Indian and we have open boarders with Nepal and does not need any documentation, I do not have any entry or exit stamp on my passport from Nepal. I am trying to convince CIC to consider a waiver but I have not yet heard back from them. I am not sure if they are going to consider it.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this and do you think that CIC can waive the PCC from Nepal. I have submitted all other PCC's from other countries.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

jerythomasin

Jan 3, 2013
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
7 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
it not possible to get an pcc from nepal . This request from the cic is totally absurd there is not even a visa office in nepal and the whole nepal visa for canada is handled by new delhi VO. just do one thing , try to get a clearance certificate from a local police station where you were staying

iconabhi

Oct 25, 2014
saju49 said:
Hi,
My application process has hit a road block and I would appreciate if any of you would provide me some insight on resolving it. I am an Indian citizen, currently living in USA. I had lived in Nepal for 1 year in 1999. CIC is asking me to get a PCC from Nepal. I have sent number of emails to Nepal Police Headquarters in Kathmandu but did not receive any response. I tried contacting Nepal embassy in Washington DC but they could not help and asked me to contact Nepal police headquarter. I don't know what exactly to do. Since I am an Indian and we have open boarders with Nepal and does not need any documentation, I do not have any entry or exit stamp on my passport from Nepal. I am trying to convince CIC to consider a waiver but I have not yet heard back from them. I am not sure if they are going to consider it.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this and do you think that CIC can waive the PCC from Nepal. I have submitted all other PCC's from other countries.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Hi Saju

How did you manage the Nepalese PCC then ?

docmoh

Apr 10, 2018
Hi did u managed to get the PCC.
I am also having hard time regarding the same .
Studied there for 5 yr, but travelled by road so nothing on my passport.
Now having hard time getting a PCC from there , they r asking for 1000 papers ?