+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate Indonesia - issue with period covered

Pris

May 11, 2018
Dear all,

I have started gathering documents for the permanent residence in Canada and I am facing some issues with one of my police clearance certificates.

I am working in Indonesia for almost 3 years now and went to collect my police clearance certificate. The period covered starts from 1st of July 2015 until now while previously me and my husband spent holidays here (in 2014 and 2015). The police officer told us that only the period with official work permit (KITAS) can be covered and holidays period cannot be inserted. I am afraid that our application gets rejected because the previous time period spent in Indonesia are not included in the certificate.

Would adding a Letter of explanation along with the PCC be enough? I hope someone can help clarifying that.

Thank you very much in advance

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Dear all,

I have started gathering documents for the permanent residence in Canada and I am facing some issues with one of my police clearance certificates.

I am working in Indonesia for almost 3 years now and went to collect my police clearance certificate. The period covered starts from 1st of July 2015 until now while previously me and my husband spent holidays here (in 2014 and 2015). The police officer told us that only the period with official work permit (KITAS) can be covered and holidays period cannot be inserted. I am afraid that our application gets rejected because the previous time period spent in Indonesia are not included in the certificate.

Would adding a Letter of explanation along with the PCC be enough? I hope someone can help clarifying that.

Can you get a email or written communication that they don't provide PCC for the above mentioned period. If you can, then provide that proof along with your PCC and explain the same in the LOE.

Pris

May 11, 2018
Can you get a email or written communication that they don't provide PCC for the above mentioned period. If you can, then provide that proof along with your PCC and explain the same in the LOE.
Unfortunately no I have no written proof... however there are many threads online of persons facing the same issue. Would including screenshots and links of those in the LoE be enough? I also have whatsapp conversations with PCC consultants but in Indonesian. Perhaps I can have those translated and include them in the LoE? The only way to get dates outside of the work period is to pay corruption money, don't want to have to use that way.

olha

Nov 1, 2020
Unfortunately no I have no written proof... however there are many threads online of persons facing the same issue. Would including screenshots and links of those in the LoE be enough? I also have whatsapp conversations with PCC consultants but in Indonesian. Perhaps I can have those translated and include them in the LoE? The only way to get dates outside of the work period is to pay corruption money, don't want to have to use that way.
Hi Pris!

I have exactly the same problem with PCC from Indonesia. I see that you have gotten your COPR in 2019. Could you please share what docs did you submit instead of PCC?

Thanks in advance!

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Dear all,

Hi Indonesian here,
when you spend a holiday in Indonesia on 2014 and 2015, did you stay there for 6 month continuously? If not then Police Certificate does not need to mention those period you spent on holidays.
Just send a LoE or webform explaining that in detail, pretty sure you will be fine as long as you mentioned your travel to indonesian in your travel history list

Reactions: olha