30-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
19-11-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Hi there,

I have been invited to apply for the Canadian PR through Express Entry. However, as part of the application process, I am required to submit a Police Clearance Certificate. I am an Indian passport holder (Indian citizen) living in the USA for the past 10 years. I understand I will need both the Indian and the US Police Clearance Certificates. I will be able to get the Indian Police Clearance Certificate easily from the Indian Consulate in New York. However, getting the US Police Clearance certificate seems to be a big problem. The FBI website states that they need atleast 12-14 weeks to give out a police clearance certificate. I have 83 days to submit all my documents and so clearly, I won't get my US Police Clearance certificate on time. Can I submit the local police certificate (New York) instead? What are my options? Is there anything else that I can do? Any help will be appreciated.

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
ash1040 said:
Hi there,

I have been invited to apply for the Canadian PR through Express Entry. However, as part of the application process, I am required to submit a Police Clearance Certificate. I am an Indian passport holder (Indian citizen) living in the USA for the past 10 years. I understand I will need both the Indian and the US Police Clearance Certificates. I will be able to get the Indian Police Clearance Certificate easily from the Indian Consulate in New York. However, getting the US Police Clearance certificate seems to be a big problem. The FBI website states that they need atleast 12-14 weeks to give out a police clearance certificate. I have 83 days to submit all my documents and so clearly, I won't get my US Police Clearance certificate on time. Can I submit the local police certificate (New York) instead? What are my options? Is there anything else that I can do? Any help will be appreciated.
Can I submit the local police certificate (New York) instead?
No

What are my options?
Wait for FBI PCC. The processing time had reduced to 6-8 weeks recently. Call FBI helpline and ask them the current processing time. If you can't get it 2-3 days before the deadline then attach delivery receipt, fbi website snapshot showing that it's taking longer to process and a LOE(letter of explanation) stating the reason for not being able to submit FBI PCC and asking for additional time. I know many people who got additional 30-60 days to submit the FBI PCC.
Hope it helps.

ash1040

Feb 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
19-11-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Thank you so much RebelHero for such a quick reply. This reduces my pain and infact makes me feel so much better. Cannot thank you enough!!!

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
rebelhero said:
Can I submit the local police certificate (New York) instead?
No

What are my options?
Wait for FBI PCC. The processing time had reduced to 6-8 weeks recently. Call FBI helpline and ask them the current processing time. If you can't get it 2-3 days before the deadline then attach delivery receipt, fbi website snapshot showing that it's taking longer to process and a LOE(letter of explanation) stating the reason for not being able to submit FBI PCC and asking for additional time. I know many people who got additional 30-60 days to submit the FBI PCC.
Hope it helps.

Can one apply for FBI pcc in advance ? Means - I do not have ITA today but I am hopeful of getting it in 2-3 months so does it make sense to apply now only for pcc considering the time they take? Or it is mandatory to apply after ITA only ?