+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate India

shashwat12

May 6, 2017
Hi,

I have been living in Delhi since birth and have move to a different city, Hyderabad, 1.5 years ago. My passport was issued in Delhi.

So where should i get my PCC from? The CIC website says to submit PCC from the country of residence, does that mean any city from the country?

Thanks in advance.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
shashwat12 said:
Hi,

I have been living in Delhi since birth and have move to a different city, Hyderabad, 1.5 years ago. My passport was issued in Delhi.

So where should i get my PCC from? The CIC website says to submit PCC from the country of residence, does that mean any city from the country?

Thanks in advance.
Get it from the Passport Seva Kendra that issued your passport. You should get it the same day if your passport was renewed recently. If not, you'll get it 1-2 weeks after police verification. Don't get PCCs from police stations as they address\time bound. PSK PCCs are not and cover your whole life in India.

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Hi,
I am married, but my passport isn't been updated with spouse information.So is it required to update passport and then apply for Police clearance certificate?

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi,
I am married, but my passport isn't been updated with spouse information.So is it required to update passport and then apply for Police clearance certificate?
Not required, but when you get time better keep that information updated.

paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks guys, this thread has inadvertently helped me.... Going for PCC from PSK...

regards

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,
Some PSK will ask you to update the information first before issuing a PCC. So be prepared to update it if necessary.

Jun 2, 2017
Hi Sir, I have received my PCC from the passport SEVA but my consultant is asking to get the PCC from the police station as well. Is it mandatory to get it as my Police station in Tamil nadu said they will not issue anything as such.
I am running against time as my last date for document submission under express entry is August 4th

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
Hi Sir, I have received my PCC from the passport SEVA but my consultant is asking to get the PCC from the police station as well. Is it mandatory to get it as my Police station in Tamil nadu said they will not issue anything as such.
I am running against time as my last date for document submission under express entry is August 4th
Not at all mandatory if you get from PSK..
Majority of consultant will ask this..

BTW Aug 4th is still quite far..