AOR Received.
31-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
11-May-2010
Med's Request
9-May-2013
LANDED..........
29-May-2014
There could be a lot of hassle in obtaining Police Clearance certificate. However, if you are an indian national residing in India and if you have stayed more than a year in your present addess, the easiest way of obtaining a Police clearance certificate is to apply for one thru The Regional Passport office in your city.

1. Fill up Application Form(Form No. 2) which is for miscellaneous services (Mention that you are applying for PCC for Canada immigration)
2. Valid Passport in original (and a photo copy of the same)
3. Proof of residence (Electricity/Telephone bill etc)
(4. A set of 3 personal particulars form (if you have not stayed in your current residence for the last one year) <If you are in your current residence for the last one year, this is not needed>)

<<All these forms are available in the passport office website passport.gov.in
Go to the Miscellaneous services counter in your passport office and pay a fee of INR 300. And they will issue a reference number and take away your passport

You will receive the police clearance certificate and passports mostly in 10 days.

(However this is subject to verification and might take longer if your address in your passport and current address are not the same). Hope this helps! Those who knew this information already, please ignore.

laklak

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
15 Apr 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs on 08th April 2010
File Transfer...
30 Mar 2010
Med's Request
29th Mar 2011
Med's Done....
08th Apr 2011
Passport Req..
29th Mar 2011
in delhi i got it within 3 hrs...deposited the form @10.00 am..i was called @ 13:00 pm.
what i gave was form 2 and original pass port, no other docs..which they will return when we go to collect pcc in counter number 12 @ backside where normally people take tokens in delhi pass port office at bhikaji...take care...cheers laklak ;D

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please share your experience, how you got PCC and how much you face problems..

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But it is true only if your passport issued in last one year, isnt it? Please check, I have read it somewhere. So if you have passport issued more than one year ago even if you are staying at same address, you have to go to Police dept directly.

simpsonjos said:
There could be a lot of hassle in obtaining Police Clearance certificate. However, if you are an indian national residing in India and if you have stayed more than a year in your present addess, the easiest way of obtaining a Police clearance certificate is to apply for one thru The Regional Passport office in your city.

1. Fill up Application Form(Form No. 2) which is for miscellaneous services (Mention that you are applying for PCC for Canada immigration)
2. Valid Passport in original (and a photo copy of the same)
3. Proof of residence (Electricity/Telephone bill etc)
(4. A set of 3 personal particulars form (if you have not stayed in your current residence for the last one year) <If you are in your current residence for the last one year, this is not needed>)

<<All these forms are available in the passport office website passport.gov.in
Go to the Miscellaneous services counter in your passport office and pay a fee of INR 300. And they will issue a reference number and take away your passport

You will receive the police clearance certificate and passports mostly in 10 days.

(However this is subject to verification and might take longer if your address in your passport and current address are not the same). Hope this helps! Those who knew this information already, please ignore.

sundeep38

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Thank You very much for the info. Its very useful for new PR applicants like me.

One more clarification, I saw the police commisioner website, which states that we need to have a letter from any consulate for the request to get a PCC.

So is there any restriction like this while applying through Passport office?

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sundeep38 said:
Thank You very much for the info. Its very useful for new PR applicants like me.

One more clarification, I saw the police commisioner website, which states that we need to have a letter from any consulate for the request to get a PCC.

Seniors are requester to solve this query............

MC

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2010
Doc's Request.
10 june 2010
AOR Received.
10 june 2010
Med's Request
10 june 2010
Med's Done....
21 june 2010
Passport Req..
10 june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
23 September 2010
LANDED..........
Soon
I just got mine done.

Go to your Local police station, They will tell you to go to the head station of your area.

You can not use the from A that is available online, pick up the from from them.
Submit it at the station with
a) checklist of docs that says ppc required , you can search for it online.
b)Residence Proof. you gotta get this attested by a gazetted officer not notarized.
c) submit 250 rs.

A few days later cops from your local station will come to you and ask you to get 2 letters from your neighbors saying they know you and you have a good character, with photocopy of your neighbors passport of election card.
They will haggle you for some money for sure, Annoying buggers.

And then call the head police station a week after that and you will get your PCC.

Its a simple process but yes your friendly cops will make it as difficult as possible.

Total time 2 weeks. best of luck.

manjeet_malik

Jun 12, 2017

No you just need to carry your old passport only along with APR.

mbalsara

Mar 7, 2017
No you just need to carry your old passport only along with APR.
Hi there... just wanted to be sure if you have got your PCC done recently? As all the other posts are old ...dated 2010
I do not have any letter from the consulate but just wanted to be ready in beforehand... thanks in advance

manjeet_malik

Jun 12, 2017
Hi there... just wanted to be sure if you have got your PCC done recently? As all the other posts are old ...dated 2010
I do not have any letter from the consulate but just wanted to be ready in beforehand... thanks in advance
Yes we have got our PCC done and got it on the same day.