+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate if you have outstanding debts in UAE

Bobham

Aug 29, 2020
Ok, you said CIC will only request PCC for the last ten years after I submit the application, does this apply for all canadian provinces ?

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Your application through express entry is on a federal level. Hence, there is no such differentiation on a province level. Upon filling your travel and addresses history, the system will automatically request you to upload police certificates based on the durations you have provided. For further information, please visit the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

martin101

Feb 12, 2020
I also went to singapore to relive my sister from the hospital, they need blood relation to discharge her and they charged me 7000$ bill, THey signed me the paper work and i stayed for just 4 days in singapore and came back to india, I never paid the huge bill, Now i want to apply for canada PR? will there be any issue?

baba2021

Mar 20, 2021
Hello Marie28

Is there any progress or developments in your police clearance certificate from Abu Dhabi and PR process in Canada?

nikki88

May 30, 2021
I would like to share my experience on this.
I left UAE in 2014 with approx 20K Credit card debts. I applied for PR here in 2017 and they requested for PCC from UAE. I applied for PCC and they declined mentioning that I have two bounce cheques which I need to clear first. So I wrote explanation letter to CIC regarding missing PCC along with all the call details and mail details and tracking details of the application I sent to UAE. I also mentioned the debt I have in uae and I have full intention to clear it when I can. They accepted my explanation letter and I got PPR last week. So if you guys tell the truth to CIC they will accept it but it takes little longer. All the best to everyone. :)

Hi, I have the same situation with you but the only issue is that I am still in the Philippines and is processing my TWP (Temporary work permit) and I am unable now to obtain the PCC from UAE. Can I arrange for an explanation letter with all the necessary proof That I tried to get in touch with Dubai Police but is unable to get answer from them?

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi, I have the same situation with you but the only issue is that I am still in the Philippines and is processing my TWP (Temporary work permit) and I am unable now to obtain the PCC from UAE. Can I arrange for an explanation letter with all the necessary proof That I tried to get in touch with Dubai Police but is unable to get answer from them?
Hello Nikki. did you get any answer on this? interested to know

marfuscho

Jan 7, 2023
I left Dubai without cancelling my visa. I needed the Police Certificate letter for immigration purpose and the Dubai police denied, I applied online and it says CANCELLED, without specifying the motive..

So I gave this Cancelled letter to the immigration department and they denied, saying my application is incomplete, even though I explained the real motives the dubai police did not give me the letter..... And don't worry, in Dubai anything can be a crime but it should also be a crime in Canada or in the country your are immigrating to... so, unpaid bills, public indecency, visa not cancelled, etc... are not a crime in Canada..

They said I have to prove that I tried to get the letter from the Dubai police showing all the emails I exchanged with then and write a honor declaration with two witness in front of a public notary saying I did not commit any crime in Dubai and translate this letter.

Last edited:

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
I left Dubai without cancelling my visa. I needed the Police Certificate letter for immigration purpose and the Dubai police denied, I applied online and it says CANCELLED, without specifying the motive..

So I gave this Cancelled letter to the immigration department and they denied, saying my application is incomplete, even though I explained the real motives the dubai police did not give me the letter..... And don't worry, in Dubai anything can be a crime but it should also be a crime in Canada or in the country your are immigrating to... so, unpaid bills, public indecency, visa not cancelled, etc... are not a crime in Canada..

They said I have to prove that I tried to get the letter from the Dubai police showing all the emails I exchanged with then and write a honor declaration with two witness in front of a public notary saying I did not commit any crime in Dubai and translate this letter.

Did IRCC accept your explanation and granted PR?

Kate87lova

Dec 28, 2023
Hello, i need an advice please.
I left Dubai in 2020 and currently living in Canada. When I applied for police clearance certificate in Dubai for PR purpose in Canada, got cancelled request. I have emailed several times to know the reason, but they keep said I need to clear my liability in UAE first to get this certificate. I tried to call but no answer as well. Any recommendations what to do? Also my rent in Dubai finished in August 2020, and I left in June 2020, but rent was paid up to July included. May this affect any case? As I at that time I never informed land lord that I will not renew my rent but few month ago in spam emails I received a notice that I have outstanding balance for rent 30k AED.
Please advise what to do, as I have no friends left in UAE and don’t know what to do

Navya1992

May 17, 2022
I had a similar situation in UAE in 2020 and I applied for PCC through UAE PASS. It took 3 days to issue the PCC with a clear record. I did two follow-up emails to the moi email. May be it varies from case to case with the banks, some banks file complaints but some do not.