+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate if you have outstanding debts in UAE

yashram80

Jul 29, 2020
Hi Im new here.

I was in Abu Dhabi from 2005-2010 after which i have left with a personal loan and credit cards debt. I checked with my friends there and they said the police informed them that i already have a filed case so i cannot get a pcc unless i settle. Does anyone think if CIC will still ask me to obtain a PCC of Abu Dhabi when we pass our spouse PR visa application this june 2019? Because its almost 10 years now since i had been there. My home country pcc is already included in our application anyways. Isnt this enough then? If I wrote a letter of explanation to CIC explaining will this also be enough? Please help guys.

Thank you in advance.
Hi Marie,
Did u get your PR.
I also have the same condition. I was in dubai from 2007 to 2010 and with settled loans in credit card and loans.
Now 10 years passed and I am applying for Canada PR.
Please update your status.
Eagerly waiting.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Marie,
Did u get your PR.
I also have the same condition. I was in dubai from 2007 to 2010 and with settled loans in credit card and loans.
Now 10 years passed and I am applying for Canada PR.
Please update your status.
Eagerly waiting.
HI Marie the best way is to apply and find out. There is no exactly the same case even you are both present the same time here in UAE. To give yourself a peace of mind start to apply now.

https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/goodconductcertificate/

yashram80

Jul 29, 2020
Hi all,
Please advice.
I worked in Dubai, UAE for 3 years from 2006 to 2009 and left UAE with an unsettled card loan.
Now 10 years have passed and since 2010 I am living in India.
Is it mandatory to include PCC from UAE or it is fine to submit PCC from India alone?
As per canada.ca it mentions "every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"
Please guide. Based on the reply, I have to decide my destiny.
Thanks

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi all,
Please advice.
I worked in Dubai, UAE for 3 years from 2006 to 2009 and left UAE with an unsettled card loan.
Now 10 years have passed and since 2010 I am living in India.
Is it mandatory to include PCC from UAE or it is fine to submit PCC from India alone?
As per canada.ca it mentions "every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"
Please guide. Based on the reply, I have to decide my destiny.
Thanks

This is always a grey area for many, some programs only require the last 10 years from the date you apply but the fact is " The case officer can always ask for PCC from since you are 18 yrs old, so to save you time and headache better apply and get it. I know your concern, in the end, if you have a derogatory record in PCC here from UAE you have time to fix it rather than later, but if you prefer not to be responsible with your liabilities just keep the PCC to yourself and hope for the best that case officer will not ask further than 10 years

Reactions: yashram80

yashram80

Jul 29, 2020
This is always a grey area for many, some programs only require the last 10 years from the date you apply but the fact is " The case officer can always ask for PCC from since you are 18 yrs old, so to save you time and headache better apply and get it. I know your concern, in the end, if you have a derogatory record in PCC here from UAE you have time to fix it rather than later, but if you prefer not to be responsible with your liabilities just keep the PCC to yourself and hope for the best that case officer will not ask further than 10 years
Thank you so much for your reply.
I decided to drop the Canada migration plan. Don't want to take unnecessary stress.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
At least you decided early, but why give up so much? Why not apply for PCC here in UAE and decide from the results? Do remember in any country you decide to migrate police clearance is always a MUST.

yashram80

Jul 29, 2020
At least you decided early, but why give up so much? Why not apply for PCC here in UAE and decide from the results? Do remember in any country you decide to migrate police clearance is always a MUST.
Yes true. But PCC for Australia and Newzealand requires for the past 10 years only.
That means from 2010 onwards only.
Only in Canada they are asking PCC of all the countries stayed >6months since the age of 18.
Already I am 40, so need to move swiftly and peacefully.
In Canada, I was planning to migrate under YCP-Yukon Community Program.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Like I mentioned, even in Canada nowadays they are asking last 10 years only like in Australia and New Zealand too but once again if the case officer is hapy with 10 yrs PCC then its all good but also depends on Case Officer's mood if they will ask further PCC beyond 10 years old.

I recommend its better to get PCC from UAE to give you the peace of mind you needed rather than always worrying something is after you. You dont know when this will haunt you.

Maybe not your PR applications but maybe when your kids immigrate and wanted to sponsor you then you are back again to the same problem you are trying to avoid

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Like I mentioned, even in Canada nowadays they are asking last 10 years only like in Australia and New Zealand too but once again if the case officer is hapy with 10 yrs PCC then its all good but also depends on Case Officer's mood if they will ask further PCC beyond 10 years old.

I recommend its better to get PCC from UAE to give you the peace of mind you needed rather than always worrying something is after you. You dont know when this will haunt you.

Maybe not your PR applications but maybe when your kids immigrate and wanted to sponsor you then you are back again to the same problem you are trying to avoid
I'm sorry but do you hold a Canadian PR? You seem to be spreading misinformation regarding the Canadian PR process.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Yes true. But PCC for Australia and Newzealand requires for the past 10 years only.
That means from 2010 onwards only.
Only in Canada they are asking PCC of all the countries stayed >6months since the age of 18.
Already I am 40, so need to move swiftly and peacefully.
In Canada, I was planning to migrate under YCP-Yukon Community Program.
Are you sure they ask for a pcc from the age of 18 when applying through the PNP? As for express entry, the pcc is required either from 18 years of age if you are younger than or equal to 28 years of age OR for the past 10 years if you're above 28 years. Now I am not sure if the requirement for a pcc is different for pnp than that for express entry and as far as I believe, you will only need to provide a police clearance certificate for your past 10 years.
All information is available on canada.ca website so please confirm from there and you can also email and inquire specifically for the pcc requirements under the YCP program as that is a work permit.
Hope that helps.

yashram80

Jul 29, 2020
Are you sure they ask for a pcc from the age of 18 when applying through the PNP? As for express entry, the pcc is required either from 18 years of age if you are younger than or equal to 28 years of age OR for the past 10 years if you're above 28 years. Now I am not sure if the requirement for a pcc is different for pnp than that for express entry and as far as I believe, you will only need to provide a police clearance certificate for your past 10 years.
All information is available on canada.ca website so please confirm from there and you can also email and inquire specifically for the pcc requirements under the YCP program as that is a work permit.
Hope that helps.
Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

So that's clear. As i said, you need to provide pcc for yourself and family of last 10 years where you alm may have lived 6 months or more. All members of age 18 and above need pcc. Thats it, not that everyone has to submit since their age of 18 years.
Please proceed with your ycp work permit and pr without tension.
Good luck.

Bobham

Aug 29, 2020
Hello guys,
Any updates from the guys that have left debt in UAE and had to apply for Canadian PR ? I'm currently having the same situation knowing that I left UAE in 2010, now I am looking for someone in UAE who can help me do the PCC...

I heared that CIC is only requesting PCC for the last 10 years only, is that true ?
I also heard that after passing 10 years of leaving UAE, loan cases would be canceled but I'm not sure about it.

Please advice, any advice is priceless in such situation.

Thanks in advance

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am surprised about how everyone in this thread could manage to misinterpret the rules. For Canadian immigration purposes, one has to submit pccs for all countries that person resided for more than 180 days in a row for the past ten years or from the age of eighteen in case the date of turning 18 is less than ten years. So say you are 35, you won't have to submit pccs for all countries in which you have resided for 180 days or more from 18. You'll only be required to submit for the last 10 years. Say you are 25, then only the last 7 years that will be counted towards the pcc obligation. Regardless of the forgoing, the case officer always has the right to ask for additional pccs.

Reactions: Bobham

Bobham

Aug 29, 2020
I am surprised about how everyone in this thread could manage to misinterpret the rules. For Canadian immigration purposes, one has to submit pccs for all countries that person resided for more than 180 days in a row for the past ten years or from the age of eighteen in case the date of turning 18 is less than ten years. So say you are 35, you won't have to submit pccs for all countries in which you have resided for 180 days or more from 18. You'll only be required to submit for the last 10 years. Say you are 25, then only the last 7 years that will be counted towards the pcc obligation. Regardless of the forgoing, the case officer always has the right to ask for additional pccs.
If we are in 2020 and I have to get a PCC for the last 10 years, do I count from 2010 to 2020 or start counting from 2011 till 2020 ??