+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate if you have outstanding debts in UAE

gogibutt

May 16, 2017
Hi,

I left Dubai, UAE in 2015 - while doing so I was in a certain situation where I had an outstanding amount of debt with the banks in UAE. I'm applying to CIC for Immigration and I wanted to seek some advice from any one who could help me in the matter of obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate.

I read a few threads where they said, they had a similar case but when they applied for a Police Clearance Certificate they received an 'all clear' from them, i.e. the debts were not mentioned.

Would that be the same in my case?

Need any one's help.

Thanks

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I left Dubai, UAE in 2015 - while doing so I was in a certain situation where I had an outstanding amount of debt with the banks in UAE. I'm applying to CIC for Immigration and I wanted to seek some advice from any one who could help me in the matter of obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate.

I read a few threads where they said, they had a similar case but when they applied for a Police Clearance Certificate they received an 'all clear' from them, i.e. the debts were not mentioned.

Need any one's help.

Thanks
There are 2 ways to go about it,
1. Have a friend/relative of yours who is in UAE, go to a police station with the copy of your passport and old/current residence visa to check if there are any cases registered against you. In many cases the banks threaten to file a case, but dont actually do so. OR will file a case after considerable delay. So there could be a very good possibility that there is no case.

2. Go to the Dubai police website and apply for an out of country certificate of good conduct. It costs Dhs.320/-. In either case its worth a try and it won't be traced back to you.

Most importantly, contact the banks that you have a liability with. I am sure they are already in touch with you. Try to work out a repayment/ settlement deal. Most of them will offer considerable discount on the principal amount and waive off all interest and charges.

Good luck.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hey,

Checking up, were you able to obtain the police clearance certificate? And, how did you apply to it while you are outside abroad?

amanjot87

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-11-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-18
Med's Done....
08-03-18
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
I would like to share my experience on this.
I left UAE in 2014 with approx 20K Credit card debts. I applied for PR here in 2017 and they requested for PCC from UAE. I applied for PCC and they declined mentioning that I have two bounce cheques which I need to clear first. So I wrote explanation letter to CIC regarding missing PCC along with all the call details and mail details and tracking details of the application I sent to UAE. I also mentioned the debt I have in uae and I have full intention to clear it when I can. They accepted my explanation letter and I got PPR last week. So if you guys tell the truth to CIC they will accept it but it takes little longer. All the best to everyone. :)

Reactions: Kate87lova

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
I left UAE in 2014 with approx 20K Credit card debts. I applied for PR here in 2017 and they requested for PCC from UAE. I applied for PCC and they declined mentioning that I have two bounce cheques which I need to clear first. So I wrote explanation letter to CIC regarding missing PCC along with all the call details and mail details and tracking details of the application I sent to UAE. I also mentioned the debt I have in uae and I have full intention to clear it when I can. They accepted my explanation letter and I got PPR last week. So if you guys tell the truth to CIC they will accept it but it takes little longer. All the best to everyone. :)
Hi

May I ask what do you mean with declined mentioning the bounced cheque? Did they give you a certificate mentioning that you have a bounced check or they refuse to give you any certificate from their side at all? because I applied online to get one and it has been a month now I did not hear from them. I send several emails all what I got a short sentence from them saying that I will receive it via email. your kind relpy will be very much appreciated dude.

ismaildxb

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Sir,

CIC will accept our explanations? i have same problem, i have left UAE in 2012 with approx 11K and 16K credit card debts. I am in the process in PR application. Please explain in detail how you have convince CIC and what their reply.

Regards
Mohamed

ismaildxb

Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

Need any one's help.

Thanks
Hi

Have you got any reply from anyone?

Regards
Mohamed

Bacccio

Nov 14, 2018
Hi

May I ask what do you mean with declined mentioning the bounced cheque? Did they give you a certificate mentioning that you have a bounced check or they refuse to give you any certificate from their side at all? because I applied online to get one and it has been a month now I did not hear from them. I send several emails all what I got a short sentence from them saying that I will receive it via email. your kind relpy will be very much appreciated dude.
Hi Just want to ask if you get your pcc yes from dubai ?

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
How was it?

Hi Sir,

CIC will accept our explanations? i have same problem, i have left UAE in 2012 with approx 11K and 16K credit card debts. I am in the process in PR application. Please explain in detail how you have convince CIC and what their reply.

Regards
Mohamed

Marie28

May 10, 2019
Hi Im new here.

I was in Abu Dhabi from 2005-2010 after which i have left with a personal loan and credit cards debt. I checked with my friends there and they said the police informed them that i already have a filed case so i cannot get a pcc unless i settle. Does anyone think if CIC will still ask me to obtain a PCC of Abu Dhabi when we pass our spouse PR visa application this june 2019? Because its almost 10 years now since i had been there. My home country pcc is already included in our application anyways. Isnt this enough then? If I wrote a letter of explanation to CIC explaining will this also be enough? Please help guys.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: yashram80

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
Hi Im new here.

I was in Abu Dhabi from 2005-2010 after which i have left with a personal loan and credit cards debt. I checked with my friends there and they said the police informed them that i already have a filed case so i cannot get a pcc unless i settle. Does anyone think if CIC will still ask me to obtain a PCC of Abu Dhabi when we pass our spouse PR visa application this june 2019? Because its almost 10 years now since i had been there. My home country pcc is already included in our application anyways. Isnt this enough then? If I wrote a letter of explanation to CIC explaining will this also be enough? Please help guys.

Thank you in advance.
oh, damn, so did they send a collection agency or did anybody contact you at your residence to collect the loan?

Marie28

May 10, 2019
oh, damn, so did they send a collection agency or did anybody contact you at your residence to collect the loan?
At the start, they send a collection agency from my residence. But as years passed by nobody disturbed me already.

AZ512

Oct 7, 2017
Hi Sir,

Regards
Mohamed
hi
Did you get your pr

Reactions: yashram80

AZ512

Oct 7, 2017
Hi Im new here.

Thank you in advance.
Hi
Did you get your PR