Police Clearance Certificate from INDIA

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there

My husband got a PCC from India, but it doesn't have his picture on it, it just has his address and passport number. Is it necessary to have a picture on the PCC ??????? Is there any particular format for PCC ????
The one I got has a my picture.
PLEASE HELP

sam444

Sep 27, 2015
Yes..it should have a picture..the form can be downloaded from the respective police departments website or can be personally obtained from CPRC cell...

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
Hi there

My husband got a PCC from India, but it doesn't have his picture on it, it just has his address and passport number. Is it necessary to have a picture on the PCC ??????? Is there any particular format for PCC ????
PLEASE HELP
If you get PCC from Indian Embassy in Canada it will not have picture. If you get one from local Police station in India it will have picture only if you're present in person and were available for verification purpose else it will not bear a picture. It is not mandatory to have picture on PCC.

Also there is no definite format for PCC it varies state to state. Important things that should be included are - Phone No, Fax No, Email, Address, Name of person signing it, stamped, your passport number should be included.

Thanks

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
Hi there

PLEASE HELP
I have seen PCC's without picture but they were from someone who submitted application through FSW program last year and it was accepted.

Mine does have a picture but i cannot say for sure if this is a mandate.

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are right it varies from State to State, I got mine from Punjab and my husband's is from Uttar Pradesh. So thats the difference, may be they dont put the picture.
It has all the mandatory fields, name , passport number and home address.
Thanks