+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate from Denmark

angel_ca

Jan 12, 2018
Hi!

Did anyone apply or get Police Clearance Certificate from Denmark?

I have seen the following details in CIC website.

"
Information and documents you need:
  • Applicable fees
  • If you are applying by mail, you should include a copy of your passport or other authorized identification, provide a return address and send to:

Rigspolitichefen, Afdeling D Kriminalregisteret
    P.O. Box 93
    Landlystvej 34-40
    2650 Hvidovre
    Denmark
    Fax: +45 46 33 14 78
    For more information, see the Politi website. "
But I heard we can send an email to Copenhagen office and PCC will be send back to us. Can anyone please tell me which is the correct and proper way to get PCC from Denmark? I have seen some old threads but there is no clarity on this.

Thank you,
Angel

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Hi Angel,

You can send your request by email. I have done it few months back and got the PCC sent to my home in few days.

I have sent them a scanned cover letter (stating my CPR number, duration of my stay in Denmark, purpose of the request and my current address) along with scanned copy of my current passport.

Good luck!

angel_ca

Jan 12, 2018
Hi ScandicGuy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please share the email address you sent your application? May I know which country you applied from?

Regards

Hi Angel,

You can send your request by email. I have done it few months back and got the PCC sent to my home in few days.

I have sent them a scanned cover letter (stating my CPR number, duration of my stay in Denmark, purpose of the request and my current address) along with scanned copy of my current passport.

Good luck!

angel_ca

Jan 12, 2018
Thanks again. So I do not have to send application to the following address, right? CIC will accept the PCC issued by kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk Please correct me if I am wrong.

"
  • Applicable fees
  • If you are applying by mail, you should include a copy of your passport or other authorized identification, provide a return address and send to:

P.O. Box 93
    Landlystvej 34-40
    2650 Hvidovre
    Denmark

Hi,

I sent email to kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk, they were very efficient. I applied it from Sweden and I got PCC to my home address within a week if I remember correctly.

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Thanks again. So I do not have to send application to the following address, right? CIC will accept the PCC issued by kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk Please correct me if I am wrong.

"

• Applicable fees

P.O. Box 93
      Landlystvej 34-40
      2650 Hvidovre
      Denmark
As far as I know regardless of method of application, they issue the PCC in same format.

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
As far as I know regardless of method of application, they issue the PCC in same format.
Hi Scandicguy,
Had following queries, could you please help me out?
1. They have mentioned that it is needed only if you are registered with the national registry of Denmark. Does registration with national registry of Denmark means you have a CPR number?
2. Is there some specific mail format you need to follow?
3. You have mentioned you have sent a cover letter could you please elaborate what is that?
4.Also you have mentioned you have sent the scanned copy of the current passport so do I need to send all the pages or only the first and last page would be enough?
5.Could you also please mention what are the fees and how long it took for you to recieve it after you mailed them

please could you help me out, really appreciate your help .
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Juno Sebastian

Last edited:

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Hi Scandicguy,
Had following queries, could you please help me out?
1. They have mentioned that it is needed only if you are registered with the national registry of Denmark. Does registration with national registry of Denmark means you have a CPR number?
Not sure about this. At least I had a CPR umber.
2. Is there some specific mail format you need to follow?
First I have written them an email, then they have asked me to send the signed request. I have just written a letter addressed to "Danish National Police", with my name , cpr number, purpose of my request and current address.
3. You have mentioned you have sent a cover letter could you please elaborate what is that?
Same as the above. I just sent them scanned copy with my signature.
4.Also you have mentioned you have sent the scanned copy of the current passport so do I need to send all the pages or only the first and last page would be enough?
Just front page with your photograph and bio-data.
5.Could you also please mention what are the fees and how long it took for you to recieve it after you mailed them
There was no fee associated to it. I believe I got it within a week after my request.
please could you help me out, really appreciate your help .
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Juno Sebastian

afroze

Aug 19, 2015
Hi ScandicGuy,
Do we need any translation for Denmark PCC? I mean Danish to English translation.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi ScandicGuy,
Do we need any translation for Denmark PCC? I mean Danish to English translation.
If it is issued in any other language than French or English then you need to have it translated. Ask them to issue it in English if that is something they can do it will save you time and money getting it translated

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Hi ScandicGuy,
Denmark criminal record is issued in English as well (usually same document have multiple languages), you don' have to translate it.

CanadaAspirant123

Feb 21, 2019
Hi,

I sent email to kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk, they were very efficient. I applied it from Sweden and I got PCC to my home address within a week if I remember correctly.
Hi,
I need police certificate from Denmark. Regarding the same I had sent an email to kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk, it's almost 1 week but I didn't receive any acknowledgement of my email. Any idea what would be the response time ?
Any pointer to get police certificate required for EE would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance !!

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Hi,
I need police certificate from Denmark. Regarding the same I had sent an email to kbhv-acoe-kr@politi.dk, it's almost 1 week but I didn't receive any acknowledgement of my email. Any idea what would be the response time ?
Any pointer to get police certificate required for EE would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance !!
Usually they send the PCC to your home address within a week, I am not sure if summer vacations are slowing down the process.

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
Thanks you so much for the information.
@ScandicGuy .
However,missed out mentioning I am currently in India, so would they be sending the copy to my address in india?
Or would they mail me the soft copy?
Thank you so much for the help