+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate for principal applicant and spouse from SFO

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Hi
I tried to post this earlier but could not find my post and posting again.

1. Can I apply for PCC in SFO Indian consulate for my wife and myself in person without my wife's presence i.e. I will go and apply in person for both me and my wife and plan on collecting the pcc for both me and my wife when the formalities are complete.
My main question, is can I apply and collect for my wife or is there any rule that says that my wife should be present in person when I apply and try to get the PCC

Thank you
Kumar

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
0811 - Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
I sent by USPS first time they dont find the address, they return my local Town USPS, I ask them whats the problem they said address not found, so I sent same docs by fedex second day delivery, they get it.
I sent :
applications forms for me and my spouse, with sign of me , and my spouse on her application.
$40 + $40 for spouse total 80dollars MO.
color photos fixed on all applicaiton forms.
notary of color photocopy (the notary wrote seperate letter kind of notary that she verified all copies)
same in notary letter I send my I797 of H1B, Gas and light bills copy proof of residence (my licence from different state so I dont sent even they need any one of that GAS or ellectricity bill).
I get call on 4th day after they recieved my all documents, I send our Original passports by FEDEX courier and after 7days when they got Passports I get PCC stamp and letters from SFO indian consulate.
you need to sign forms by your spouse. you can apply in person but your spouse should be with you in person. when you send courier or post then you need signed all forms and notary for both.
I hope you understand.

immigration 1 (Prashant)

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Thanks Prashant for your reply.
Just one clarification. You said you did everything by courier/post. Was your wife required to be present at the SFO Indian consulate. I am planning to do by going to the consualte in person. In that case, should my wife be present also and if I do through post/courier, then physical presence of both is not required. Is this right?

Thank you
Kumar

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
It doesnt matter if you give in person or post.It is going to take 45 days.So better send by post

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Hi
Thanks for the responses.
My question is in regards to my spouse. Will Indian consulate expect my wife to be present to give PCC.
She would go to India. But I was planning on getting all documents from her before she goes.
Also, while we are on this topic, Does the Indian consulate requires us to show them the AOR to them.

Thank you
Kumar

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Even with the mail-in services (which, by definition, do not require anyone to be present), there is a problem with your wife going to India. You can do the application by mail, but you will need to have the original passport available.

"As it takes around 30 business days to issue PCC, you must submit photocopy of passport at the time of applying. As soon as the clearance is received from the Passport Issuing Authority concerned, you will be called (provided you have mentioned your telephone number in the application) to submit your original passport for stamping of PCC."

http://www.cgisf.org/

Click on Consular Services, then Miscellaneous.

Of course, you can get yours from SFO, and if your wife goes to India, she can get hers there...

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
Sarveswara said:
Thanks Prashant for your reply.
Just one clarification. You said you did everything by courier/post. Was your wife required to be present at the SFO Indian consulate. I am planning to do by going to the consualte in person. In that case, should my wife be present also and if I do through post/courier, then physical presence of both is not required. Is this right?

Thank you
Kumar
if you send by post or courier then you or spouse dont need to go in person anymore, if you go in person than you and your spouse both have to be in person, but why are you going to in person? I send my all documents on 20th may 2010 and got PCC stamped on passport/s and seperate letter by consulate on 2nd june 2010. remember send in fedex courier its too fast and near to same charges of USPS, I paid 9dollars in Fedex and in USPS I paid 7dollars and USPS dont found the embassy address of SFO, better send by Fedex and even you have to send one return cover, ask fedex people they will hepl u.
immigration1 (prashant)
Immigration1 (prashant)

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Thank you Prashant for your help.
Can you tell me what documents you sent them. Did you send the AOR for requesting PCC. Also, even if I send the copied documents in post, will SFO Indian consulate ask my wife to come in person to stamp on her original passport?
Many thanks

Kumar

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
No you dont want to send AOR, but fill the Application form mentioned PCC for Canada immigration or for canada. did you see miscelenious form? read it and read my first reply I already mentioned documents too, even consulare section page also mentioned the process follow it.
when consulate call you (dont miss this call) and they will tell you to send ORIGINAL PASSPORTS for both applicant.
did you apply For FBI clearance, FBI Clearance take time , Indian PCC takes very less time , I like SFO Consulate they just return my Passport with stamp of PCC within 14days max.
so, first send all notary documents to SFO Indian consulate (dont forget to make color photocopy of passport , which show your name, photos and last page which show the parents information and notary it).
Immigration1 (Prashant)

Sarveswara

Jun 23, 2010
Thank you Prashant.
I have applied for FBI Clearance.
Thank you for being patient with my queries.
But if Indian consulate stamps on Passport, then how can we submit it to canadian visa office? I remember reading that PCC shoudl be original and xerox copies are not accepted.
Will Indian Consulate give another letter in addition to stamp.

Thank you
Kumar

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
yes, SFO Indian consulate will issue seperate letter and stamp on passport too. you have to submit that original letter.
Immigration1 (Prashant)