+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate for PR - FBI Clearance

asabains

Jan 5, 2018

Hello Everyone/Anyone,

How long does it take the FBI to charge a credit card or to process the clearance certificate for non US citizens? I sent my fingerprints mid January 2018 and CIC expects the results by mid April but I have not received any update from the FBI yet. Nothing has been charged to my credit card either.

I have never lived in the US for up to 6 months, unfortunately, I forgot to return my I-94 to CBSA (which I have now done).

Should I send another set of fingerprints? #dilemma

Rucheer

May 31, 2017
Currently the FBI CJIS website is showing 14-16 weeks of processing time. So you should expect your CC being charged considering this timeline. Usually FBI charges your CC only when your application processing is started and looks like your processing would start between 14-16 weeks from Jan. You can call the FBI CJIS division in April to see where your application processing is at.

Assuming that you are submitting your documents to IRCC after receiving your ITA (90 day period), then you can submit a Letter of Explanation mentioning that FBI PCC is in progress with the mailing receipt to FBI and credit card form as evidence. IRCC will consider the LOE and start the processing of your application with review of other documents
Once you receive your FBI PCC, you can upload it on your EE account

I would say sending another set of fingerprints will not help with anything at this stage. Just confirm that your original PCC application was received and signed by someone at FBI using the tracking number you must have received. If it was signed then rest assured that it is in que for processing.

Hope this helps answer your question.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Last edited: