+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance certificate for Indian Native

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
Hi All,
its like confusing for me about getting Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
As some says we can apply from Passport website and some says apply from local police station.

Am residing in Hyderabad, India location, can anyone give which PCC need to be applied ? is it from passport website or from local police station.

Thanks in Advance.

89robinm

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
15-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015 -->Medical received
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 11- 2016
LANDED..........
March 30 - 2016
raju.gunnal said:
Hi All,
its like confusing for me about getting Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
As some says we can apply from Passport website and some says apply from local police station.

Am residing in Hyderabad, India location, can anyone give which PCC need to be applied ? is it from passport website or from local police station.

Thanks in Advance.
Both way it is possible. Either use your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (go to website for more details) OR visit local SP police station. I did through local SP police station.

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
The confusing part is the CIC.GC.CA website says

If you live in India:

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi
: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

But i stay in Hyderabad, if i apply from Passport website , will it be accepted or valid?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
raju.gunnal said:
The confusing part is the CIC.GC.CA website says

If you live in India:

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi
: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

But i stay in Hyderabad, if i apply from Passport website , will it be accepted or valid?
Do not do all that.

Just avoid all the confusion, and go to the PSK and apply. You won't face any rejection based on PCC.

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
Thanks for clearing my confusion.
I already booked slot for 29th March i.e. tomorrow at Passport Seva Kendra.

Thanks

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
raju.gunnal said:
Thanks for clearing my confusion.
I already booked slot for 29th March i.e. tomorrow at Passport Seva Kendra.

Thanks

Good luck mate.

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Just wanted to get clarify on this, I have been staying in two different cities in India since I turned 18. So do I need to get PCC from both local police departments? And for another city I was staying at 4 different places so the address on PCC should be current or all addresses should be mentioned if we get it from local police dept?

MapleLeaf18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2016
PSK is for anyone residing in India, it is not just for few selected locations.

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
:) I got my PCC, it took just 1 hour and 15 Minutes at passport office on the spot i got PCC letter and a stamp on my passport. :)