App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
I have just checked the check list for VO (London, as it applies in my case). Surprisingly, it does not ask for any Police Clearance Certificate ! Please confirm as i am badly stuck in getting one from my home country.

Mohan Joshi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2010
Hasni said:
I have just checked the check list for VO (London, as it applies in my case). Surprisingly, it does not ask for any Police Clearance Certificate ! Please confirm as i am badly stuck in getting one from my home country.
You have to submit Police Clearance Certificate wherever you apply. If you have lived in any country for more than 6 months you need to submit PCC from that country.

If you want a pcc rom your home country you need to contact High Commission Office who will issue one.

Good luck.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@Mohan Joshi,
that i know, but the point is it is not shown in the check list and we are only supposed to provide docs listed in the check list - logic

Mohan Joshi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2010
Hasni said:
@ Mohan Joshi,
that i know, but the point is it is not shown in the check list and we are only supposed to provide docs listed in the check list - logic
Please answer the following questions. Unless you clear the questions below it is difficult to provide you any advice.
1. Which is your visa office?
2. Different visa office has got different checklist. For instance if you submit your case to New Delhi or Buffalo you have to submit 6 months bank statements as proof of the funds. However, if your case is submitted to London, you can submit current bank balance i.e. bank certification letter. CHC,London only considers current balance irrespective of cash flow throughout the year. However, each documents aare subjected to verification. If CHC, London verify the funds through bank and finds sudden deposit(huge amount) in the account, applicants will be asked to attend an interview where applicant has to clear the source of money. Delhi CHC does the same. This is just an example.
3. Could you please copy and paste the source about the checklist so that I can have a look at and go ahead.
4. Whichever visa office it is you have to submit PCC without which your application will not be processed.

Thanks.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear Joshi,

Since i am applying from Saudi Arabia, so my VO is London. Rest what you have said is absolutely right, we got to submit just a bank certification letter. just have a look at the following links.

CIO check list (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp)
London VO checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp)

Mohan Joshi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2010
Hasni said:
Dear Joshi,

Since i am applying from Saudi Arabia, so my VO is London. Rest what you have said is absolutely right, we got to submit just a bank certification letter. just have a look at the following links.

CIO check list (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp)
London VO checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp)
Yes I know what London VO's requirements. Because your first application was refused due to a lack of 2 points, you wrote in the previous post, you need to ensure you fulfil all the criteria. If you submit bank certification letter there shouldn't be any sudden deposit. If you have withdrawn your application in the past, for example, still this issue will be scrutinised.Why did you withdraw your application? Please disclose everything in the application form as they are stored in CSIS/CIC database.If CIC ask you to attend an interview how will you accomplish that task?

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Hasni said:
I think initially you do not need to submit PCC but later CHC will ask for. Even if you submit your PCC and there is delayed in the application for some reason CHC will ask for another one again.If there is a gap between 3-6 months in the application procedure you have to submit the new PCC again.

fkk

May 17, 2010
Dear Hasni

For London VO, you do not require PCC to be sent along with the application. The requirement was there initially when the 26/6 changes were announced but was later withdrawn.

My advice - please send your documents (if all others are complete as per London VO checklist) to CIO immediately. In parallel, start arranging for PCC and submit them to VO once you receive the PCC as well as the file is 'Received by Visa Office' (subject to PER Positive Eligibility Review).

Also, if you have already arranged some PCCs (like from KSA or any other country/city you've lived in), send them along with the documents - it will do not harm and will strengthen the case. If luck favors, they might not even ask about the missing PCC.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@joshi
dear i never withdrew my application.if at all they ask for interview, it is always based upon our preferred location out of the availability.I live in riyadh, and they conduct interviews here, so no issue as far as interview is concerned.so you say, i should avoid sudden deposits !! but they are scrutinized most probably at VO office, meaning you have around 3 - 4 months to bring your accounts to the level that you are declaring now through sudden deposits.i an optimistic i can manage.cheers

fkk,
you seem to have understood my point well.stiil the question remains that why to bother about PCC, if they are not interested in it.i only wanted someone to confirm, fearing i might not be looking at some old check lists. you are right in saying that considering it is such an important doc, one should not send rather keep it ready in case they ask, you dont have to rush...good advice.But i think sending something that they have not asked for is not wise.tahnks for info anyhow

fkk

May 17, 2010
Hasni

GO to the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Go to Police Certificates Section on Page 17/18. It states:

We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested.

Based on this recommendation only, I submitted my PCCs along with my application. The philosophy is very clear - when VO starts processing your application, if the PCCs are there it will meet the requirement immediately. If PCCs are not there, they will ask for the same and will result in increase of processing time. And, my assumption, if some PCCs are there with an odd one missing, they might not ask about that.

Best of luck!!!

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@fkk
thanks dear, so i better get one and send along.